Greetings from Johannesburg

ScottMac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings to all forum members. I am Scott, and have been a wannabe amateur for almost 30 years. I began my photographic journey with a Nikon N50 film camera in the late 80's and "graduated" through an F100 to a D70 and currently use a D7000. I have numerous lenses, collected over the years, as well as many accessories, too numerous to mention.

My passion for photography is wildlife, with avian photography the primary focus (excuse the pun). Having made a commitment to build a portfolio of birds in my early days as a photographer, I am still attempting to work towards this life-long ambition. Had I known how difficult this would be, I would never have made such a commitment. Either way, I am making progress......

I spend much of my spare time in the bush, primarily in the many game reserves (Americans tend to call them "preserves"). With an abundance of wildlife in this part of the world, Southern Africa and its wildlife reserves have got to be "bucket-list" items for any serious wildlife photographer - the opportunities are endless and the diversity of scenery unsurpassed anywhere else in the world.

My people passion is to help those that require assistance and where possible (but only where asked), I will provide input. I have been through a long learning curve over the years and if I can help others in their photographic journey, I will do so.

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the forum, Scott. Wow, I freely admit to looking forward to seeing your pictures! How exciting! :) Please look over our Gallery section, we have landscape, wildlife, etc., so you can find the best place to showcase your work. Enjoy!

:thumbup: Welcome to TPF Scott! :camera:

Making progress is good, and helping others an admirable goal.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back