Greetings from SoCal

Kristah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, here's my obligatory newbie intro post!

I love film, and use a Craigslist special Canon AE-1 for that. However, my need for instant gratification drove me to purchase a new DSLR just yesterday, so I figured I'd refocus myself on my hobby. My previous dslr was a Canon T3i. It was just fine for my needs, I'm definitely a beginner. Thing is, it was just too bulky. I heard a quote once that says the very best camera is the one you have with you. And I never carried that thing with me. This time, I went with the Sony A6000. It was so strange to make the leap to a mirrorless system, it just feels so different from the 'traditional' dslrs from Canon or Nikon. But I can shove it in my purse. That's something I just can't do with the bulkier cameras. I was afraid I was buying a glorified point and shoot. But as I play with it more, I'm pretty sure its a gem. :)

I'm interested in learning about both the technical and creative side of things, and I can see that there are lots of great photographers here that I can learn from!

Welcome aboard

Welcome to the forum. Mirrorless cameras are very ver capable cameras. But they are different than dSLR's. Not different good or different bad ... just different. It takes time behind the viewfinder to adjust to the differences.

Good Luck and Good Shooting,
Gary

Welcome to the site...

Most reactions

Back