Greetings from the depths of afghanistan

Metshrine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

My name is Josh and I am currently serving with the US Army in Afghanistan. My wife and daughter are stateside in Maryland and holding down the fort with my two cats and one guinea pig.

I have served 5 years, just about, with the US Army and am based out of Fort Meade, Maryland. My daughter is almost 7 and my wife is delving into the endless realm of photography.

My wife is really into photography, mainly nature, wildlife and insects and has actually just finished applying, and getting ready to start the spring semester, for the academy of art university. She is going for a Bachelors of fine arts in photography. As such, I have spent a good deal of time over the last few weeks looking around attempting to help her acquire the needed materials and information for her upcoming semester in college. I have also learned, as has she, a great deal about cameras, lens, tripods, and various other components regarding photography.

This is the one community that always seems to come up in discussion about such topics and as such I figured it was time I registered here as it seems to be a great wealth of knowledge.

I look forward to what I can gain from this community, as well as what I can contribute to it.

V/R,
Josh

Hi Josh, welcome aboard and thank you for your service!

Spent 2007 in Salerno Afghanistan. Thanks for your service and stay low!

Chip Wood
CE2 (ss)
US Navy Seabees

Spent 2007 in Salerno Afghanistan. Thanks for your service and stay low!

Chip Wood
CE2 (ss)
US Navy Seabees

I know salerno well. It is one of my sites I maintain :)

Welcome to TPF! Thank you for serving our country. Looking forward to seeing photos from both of you.

Josh,

Thank you for your service to our country. Some of us really do appreciate it. Eight years active duty here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back