Greetings from the Land of Enchantment!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Malavok, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Malavok

Malavok TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I've been lurking around here for a few weeks and thought I'd finally get more involved.

My name's Andrew and I live in the mountains of NM. I grew up in TX and have been a hobbyist photographer for a few years. I'm extremely passionate about it and it takes up a large chunk of my free time. I mainly shoot landscapes with some macro and wildlife on the side. My favorite subject is water, especially fog, waterfalls, dew, and frost.

One area where I'm weak/inexperienced is astro, so I hope to get some advice here. I also have a lot to give. :)

2. The_Traveler

The_Traveler Completely Counter-dependent Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome.
    Where in the mountains?
    I love Northern NM.
    Used to live in Colorado Springs and would often drive down to Taos for the weekend and stay on the square.

3. Malavok

Malavok TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thank you!

I live in the Jemez Mountains, northwest of Santa Fe.

Taos is great! I go up there quite a bit. Sometimes I venture into Colorado, too. I recently took a trip to see the fall color in the Gunnison National Forest.

4. bumbleB83

bumbleB83 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Welcome! I'm also originally from New Mexico (Eastern)... the BORING part. I now live in South TX, which I love, because I love the water! I also love to shoot Macro, just started that, it's fun, and I'm excite to challenge myself and my camera more with that. I love photographic scenic places (which is a bug my grandfather passed to me). I've just started working on Astro... but my camera isn't quite pricey enough to get overly great shots... but I've tried a few and been somewhat successful! Newborn and Maternity photography is my favorite, that's what I base my side job pay from... portraits.

• Like Like x 1