Greetings from the Pacific NW

fischerfotographik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Greetings one and all :)
I'm one of those Native Oregonians - born and raised in Portland - webbed toes and high water marks.
I've was bitten by the photography bug when I was about 9 years old, watching my father develop pictures in his darkroom, which took up over half the space in our basement.
I did the 'normal' things an aspiring photographer would do growing up - took pictures for the yearbook, did a stint as a teacher's aide for the beginning photography class, took pictures of family (one picture is over 15 years old and my parents still display it :mrgreen:).
I've decided to "take the plunge" and make a living doing what I love. Translated, that means I'm doing a lot of TFP/TFCD work :lol: while making money to live by working at a 'job' (vs a career).
The hard part, I've found, is the networking and exposure, but I have no intention of giving up.
Surprisingly, a local photographer, who has also been/is a model offered her 20 yrs of expertise behind and in front of the camera. Can't go wrong there!
I've picked up a lot of good info from this forum and decided to finally register and stop lurking anonymously.
Okay, enough rambling (I'm a talker when I get involved with something that interests me, or I feel passionate about, obviously), I've got forum posts to read....

Big Mike

I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Welcome to the forum...or to the member side anyway. Sounds like you will fit in around here :D

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Welcome aboard!

Most reactions

New Topics