Greetings fron Texas Gulf Coast

photophilo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone. I have been a hobby photographer for years, but never too seriously. Mostly automatic settings but occasionally using aperture or shutter priority. I have recently retired and find myself with a lot of time on my hands and have decided to get more serious about photography. I have just ordered a Canon EOS 70D and will be using the kit lenses until I can afford to get a couple of better lenses. I intend to mostly shoot landscapes, nature, and wildlife. But, I will also shoot some portraits and street photography.

Hey, welcome to TPF. I hope you enjoy the opportunity that retirement will give you to work on your photo-making skills. The 70D is actually a pretty neat camera body...really an amazing mix of features and controls. A couple, or three, really GOOD lenses, ones that will easily last you 20 years, might really increase your enjoyment of photography.

Now is an exciting time in Canon land, lens-wise. Canon has some fairly new, very high-quality L-series zooms it has made for the modern era, plus the new "pancake primes" which are VERY compact...the new 24mm and the new 45mm, which are actually very low-cost for modern primes, plus the new 50mm f/1.8 STM lens.

Lenses are really where it's at. Don't scrimp on yourself...buy some good glass and enjoy the he(ll)ck out of it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back