Greetings

guahanweb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.guahanweb.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, all. I am a web developer of 8 years, and I have recently found the means to begin pursuing a longtime passion of mine in digital photography. I have purchased a Nikon D90 with a couple starting lenses (18-105mm and 55-200mm), so I am hoping to get some advice and glean from the collective experience of this group!

Looking forward to taking the first steps in becoming the photographer I want to be.

Thanks.

It's a great place to live...but it's darn cold and snowing like crazy right now.

Welcome aboard. No snow here... :(

Hey Mitica, why are you sad about not having snow?
I'll have a three hour layover in Phoenix, on Friday, on my way to Houston...do you want me to bring you a snowball? :lol:

Hey Mitica, why are you sad about not having snow?
I'll have a three hour layover in Phoenix, on Friday, on my way to Houston...do you want me to bring you a snowball? :lol:

Yea, I can share that sentiment. I used to live in Buffalo, NY (actually flying back there this month for work), and I definitely got tired of all the snow, too.

We don't get snow like Buffalo...thank goodness for that....but we do get pretty cold. The predicted low temp for this Friday is -34C/-29F.

We don't get snow like Buffalo...thank goodness for that....but we do get pretty cold. The predicted low temp for this Friday is -34C/-29F.

Oh, wow... That was one thing I was very grateful for in all the different places I've lived: I've never actually had to endure extreme cold. Buffalo got snow, but the temperature rarely got down into single digits during the days.

Most of us don't hate the cold (otherwise we would move, right?) we endure it and even like it from time to time. The part that we don't like is when it causes trouble like freezing the water pipes or keeping our vehicles from starting etc.

Truth be told, I'd prefer that it stay below freezing for most of the winter. The freezing and thawing in the spring & fall are some of the worst times.

Most of us don't hate the cold (otherwise we would move, right?) we endure it and even like it from time to time. The part that we don't like is when it causes trouble like freezing the water pipes or keeping our vehicles from starting etc.

Truth be told, I'd prefer that it stay below freezing for most of the winter. The freezing and thawing in the spring & fall are some of the worst times.

More power to you, man. ;)

So, out of curiosity, do you know any Abbotts in the Killam or Edmonton area?

Sorry, I don't personally know any Abbotts.

Most reactions

Back