Greetings!

sweetbluebutterfly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings All,

I am very new to photography. I took a basic photography class last year so I'm not yet very skilled. I was fortunate to find this website/forum and can tell from viewing over the last 30 minutes that I have so much to learn and I know I can learn so much from the experts! :)

My first order of business is to invest in a good camera. I was thinking of a Digital SLR. My budget is a little tight right now so I may have to hold off for a month or two. Until then, I will practice with the digital I have while reading your posts and absorbing information.

Thanks for reading my post!

SBB :mrgreen:

Hello SBB,
I too joined today so welcome to the forum.

I purchased a Konica Minolta 7D when they first came out (2005) and have already sent it in for the "first frame black" problem. However with that problem fixed and behind me I am really getting some enjoyment from this camera. One of the things I like about this camera is the layout of the controls, very easy to navigate and not alot of menus to fumble through. Now here's the bad news Konica / Minolta sold out to Sony a little while ago so the 7D is no longer produced. Sony has the A100 which has the same lens mount as the Konica / Minolta so lenses are easy to find especially on Ebay. The A100 is almost a direct copy of the K/M 5D

There are many good DSLR cameras out there You'll just have to do some research as to which one will fit your needs. I suggest you go to the camera shop and try a couple out, get a feel for the controls and ask questions from the sales person before you make the decision to buy.

Good Luck.

Welcome aboard.

Most reactions

Back