Grey Heron??? Not really sure!

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These were all shot in Mexico using my girlfriends Nikon P-510 point and shoot... not too bad, I think!

$!DSCN0220.jpg

$!DSCN0222.jpg

$!DSCN0233.jpg

Very impressive results from the P-510.You worked that thing like a DSLR great job I am impressed.

Very impressive results from the P-510.You worked that thing like a DSLR great job I am impressed.

Thanks... first time I ever used it too! lol! Bird was cooperative! Trust me.. I was really missing my D800! lol!

Nice.. looks better than a lot of birds photos posted here with a dslr.

Thanks, Robin! Pretty easy to use little camera. For some reason, even with the same settings and subjects, my girlfriends stuff did not turn out as well! Strange stuff!

I see Kris beat me to the punch, but yeah, definitely a tri-colored. And WOW...that third one? With a P&S?? Dayummm!

HEY! I resemble that remark. :lmao:

I see Kris beat me to the punch, but yeah, definitely a tri-colored. And WOW...that third one? With a P&S?? Dayummm!

HEY! I resemble that remark. :lmao:

I am just lucky to have a very stable stance (that I worked on very hard for a long time shooting handguns when I was younger) and my hands aren't shaky unless I am very caffeinated! lol! I also used program mode... which does allow you do control shutter and aperture... so I made sure that shutter was fast enough, and aperture was wide enough for what I wanted.

Now if I had had my D800 with my 70-200 2.8 with the 1.4 TC... I would be doing a very large print of that last one, lol! As it is.. it might make a decent 11x14.

No matter what these are shot with, they're impressive. The fact that these came out of a P&S is icing on the cake. Well done.

Great job with the point and shoot on this Tri-colored heron

These are excellent Charlie.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back