Grey market lens or not?

Lightsped

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was bored a few days ago and went through all of my lenses checking to see that they had the "us" as the first part of the serial number. All of mine did except for one.... My 10.5mm Fisheye does not have the "us" in front of the serial number. Instead it is all numbers.

So does this mean my 10.5mm Fisheye is a grey market? I am not worried, just more curious than anything else....

If by grey market you mean buying outside of your country, then just go for it, its not like these products are oven baked in your local mom and pop store.

But if by grey market you mean that you aren't sure its a legitimate lens, then don't buy it.

Nikon doesn't always put US on the front of the serial number.. I would try to find somebody with the same lens and see how their serial number looks.

I was bored a few days ago and went through all of my lenses checking to see that they had the "us" as the first part of the serial number. All of mine did except for one.... My 10.5mm Fisheye does not have the "us" in front of the serial number. Instead it is all numbers.

So does this mean my 10.5mm Fisheye is a grey market? I am not worried, just more curious than anything else....

On this particular lens from what I understand it is pretty common not to have a US in front of the serial number. You might want to contact Nikon just to check to make certain but I'd say odds are good it's probably a valid serial number. But hey, last thing in the world you want is a lens that was born out of wedlock.. lol

Of the 12 US Nikkors I own, only 6 of 'em have US as part of the SN.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back