Group 1 C&C

CyclonePWR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some photos for this week. Found this barn driving around, thought it was kind of cool. I got some cool ideas for it, I am going to come back to it.

Both shoot with an XSI and 17-55 F2.8 lens.
Exposure: 0.01 sec (1/100)
Aperture: f/6.3
Focal Length:17 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Flash full power on the horse.

3637955166_13b99c9664_b.jpg

Exposure: 0.013 sec (1/80)
Aperture: f/6.3
Focal Length: 17 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Flash full power on the blades, which turned out to have some nice rust on them.:D

3637952612_e286526669_b.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Both look good and the barn is my favorite.

Hey what do you all think would happen if I light the bottom of the barn with my car headlights. They are fairly powerful, since they are HID. Maybe through some diffuser could work? I guess idk what would happen to the white balance or if its a good idea. If I had more flashes I would use them.

1. I like this image. Sky is properly exposed, and all of the colors are deep. I think the only thing that I can say further is that the flash falls on the barn in such a way that takes away from the image a bit. Part of me wants to say I wish the barn was almost silhouetted, but I think you need the detail, as it is so much of the image, and you obviously wanted to bring attention to the horse.

What other ideas did you have for this?

2. This is a decent image, and I think I would like to see other ways of composing this shot. Not sure what you had to work with though. I do like the texture of the blades.

Thank you for sharing!

What other ideas did you have for this?

Mostly different angles and lighting. That wind turbine is right next to the barn so I can do them together which would be cool. The other side of the barn is all broken which looks sweet as well. I wish I had more strobes though.

do you have pics from the opposite side (sounds like it could work too)?

do you have pics from the opposite side (sounds like it could work too)?
No I dont have them. The problem is the sun sets from the side I took the photos from. I will try to come back earlier now that I know where it is and take some. Idk if my flash can light the whole barn, I'll try. Maybe I'll buy a 580 so I can remote control my 430 and have 2.

Hey what do you all think would happen if I light the bottom of the barn with my car headlights.

Your white balance would be all over the place. It's not a good idea to mix up different temp lights, and even though HID's look nice and white sometimes, they are going to be quite different from your flash.

I think the shots are pretty good. The flash in the first look like it hit just to the right of the horse on that little window opening, but it really doesn't take away from the image. I would bump the contrast a bit more, but that's just my personal taste. The second is a little boring at the bottom but you've captured the windmill itself really well. Nice work!:thumbup:

I actually was thinking the same thing and I did turn the contrast up more but then the barn got too dark. If I had a little more day light it would have worked out better.

Well I guess the flash did hit a little to the right.:meh:

I like #1, kinda. Not fond of how it's lit. I would think just trying to light the whole front would have let the horse stand out on its own, after all it is white, on a dark red background. Lens distortion makes the barn look like its falling away too.

#2 I think is pretty solid. Lens distortion isn't as obvious as with the barn.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back