Group Photo Pricing

madisonofriel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been asked to do a group family photo shoot, and I've never done one before. I usually charge $150 to $175 for my photoshoots. How should I price this in comparison? You can find some of my work here: Maddie s Photography

Here is a sample of what is usually included;
- 2-3 hours shooting time
- Number of hand edited images in print or digital

If the group shot is all I'm doing, then I normally bill it at $125 (assuming one hour or less for the job), and a discounted rate for prints based on the anticipated number of orders.

Oh, you're a student (I couldn't remember for sure). So I'm not sure what would be a good way to price it. I'd think you might want to be within range of what the going price is for this type session in your area, but maybe on the lower end of the price range, being what might be considered a student level photographer.

I don't know time-wise how long these type sessions usually last but with kids depending on the ages etc. I would think they might not last more than an hour or so. Maybe you can get some suggestions from some of the others on here that do family portraits.

American Society of Media Photographers and PPA have some info. on pricing etc.

Took a look at your page, I remember seeing some of those before. You seem to have engaged your subjects well, some of the photos are just charming (the girl in the straw hat, the seniors, etc.). Some look like the exposure or way you used the light or processing could be where you'll need to continue to improve; as your skills develop you'll become more consistent in the quality of the work.

Last edited:
Will you be going to them, an on-location shoot, or will they be coming to you.
I charged more to haul all my gear to/from a location shoot.

Just a group shot, I agree about $125 would be about right for a studio shoot.
If they also want sub-group shots then I would probably at least triple that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back