Grouse Mountain, BC

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

I took these two back in December, right outside of Vancouver. Grouse Mountain is a neat ski resort, so cool that it has what they call a Refuge for Endangered Wildlife (the highlight is a couple of grizzly bears). The mountain is not very high (only 4,000), so the low, dark clouds threatened to ruin my short visit. The sky was completely overcast, but suddenly it started opening up... and these shots happened.

I hope you enjoy. Thanks for looking!

(Disclaimer: these were posted a while ago on another board here at TPF.)

Last edited:
Beautiful job with the lighting. #1 is stunning, great composition with half a sky of cloud & silhouettes of trees, and then blue sky on the left so you can see the masses of snow on the branches.

I see it's ok to EDIT so this is what I came up with at work. I love the composition man what a shot but I just feel it needed a boost.
2489092267_ef14199774_o.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments, guys. And BoblyBill, thanks for the edit. I'm not sure I like this new version, though –but I am biased, because I was there when this moment in time happened and the actual light was never this bright. The new edit changes the mood of the image completely, and I guess I like the broody one better.

The first one is really great! and I like the original much better because it shows the lighting in a much cooler way imo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back