Grr... Facebook is stupid.

Yay, I get those a few times and a polite "Sorry can't help you this time but best of luck with your________ (fundraiser, run, walk, bake sale etc.), it looks like it is for a great cause!"

On the flip side of things I get a TON of inquiries through facebook. I allow all my clients to put their images on facebook with my watermark, and I can essentially guarantee that after they put up an image or two I will have at least two 'inquiries' or comments in my email box within a day. Pretty darn good and free marketing tool if you ask me!

I don't use facebook, myspace, or any of the others because it was 1984 when I was 12 years old and there was no such thing as facebook or myspace. :D

You don't have to be the actual age of 12 to use these. But from what I've seen, you have to mentally be the age of 12.

It's actually pretty useful sometimes.

I agree. I've found FB a great way to keep in touch with family and friends that are scattered all over. Checking out pics of new grand-kids, people's vacations, etc. I feel I'm more in touch with my nieces and nephews since I've joined FB. Since my kids are away overseas and at University we communicate via FB.

There is the ability to control your privacy settings. When someone does finally seek you out and wants to link you as a "friend" you can choose to hit the ignore button. I've used the ignore button on more than one occasion (no need to stay in touch with former lovers - there is a reason why we're no longer together!).

Those silly FB games are there just to be ignored. They're A NUISANCE, in capital letters.
But when you have met with a larger group, all of who have FB accounts, you can easily share your photos, given they spread all over the world.

remembering of course that FB gets automatic rights to any and all photos posted on FB - yep they do - I think it only ends once you take them down, but it might just be any uploaded photo - hence why people don't post good photos there ;)

Facebook = garbage. It's more like a meeting place for the kiddies. I also was pestered into joining, joined, looked around for a whole week before I canned it, never went back and never even missed it. Later on my work manager sent me an invite, I emailed him telling him to talk to me at work if he needed something from me, but my life after hours was ALL MINE... lol.

Has anyone heard of another something similar called LinkedIn? An ex client sent me an invite, I accepted, got him back as a client, and within 2 days found some old friends from Texas and also had 2 other new clients come to me from this. Could be coincidence, but at least LinkedIn put some bread on my table instead of taking away some of my sanity.

why the facebook bashing? its not a bad way to network at all. i mean yea some youngsters spend 90% of their time on it looking at pictures of themselves and their friends. but if you want to get in contact with some one, who say is a friend of a friend, its easy peezy. its not like everyone who uses facebook uses it as their main line of communication with the outside world. im pretty sure most people can still use telephones. i find it useful. those applications arent really what facebook is about they're... pretty pointless and arent really relevant to anything on that site.

So older people, dont be bashing it too hard, its not a bad little site.

My experiences in facebook were, to be polite... not pleasant. I am not saying that everyone's is the same, but if there is someone important enough in my life that I want to get in contact with, I either get in my car and go see them, or pick-up the phone and call them. I really do not need to go to facebook to do this.

I do respect anyone else's decision to enjoy that place to their heart's desire in any way they wish, its just not mine. :)

LinkedIn is more of a professional network. It's accepted as so by those that use it and specifically intended to network for jobs, opportunities, etc.

They've been trying to extend it a bit, but most of that has been somewhat foolish in my opinion. The problem is that it does what it was intended to do well, and there's not much place to go without doing foolish things.

Anyway, the good thing is LinkedIn isn't a toy. FB is.

I 100% agree....FaceBook and MySpace both PUFF! Its weird how goobers can sit there all day doing that crap.

Derrick

P.S....I've been on here all day....doing crap. LOL

I'm on facebook and yeah, I have some random "friends" and wierd game thingies that I don't do anything with and just haven't taken the time to remove... but as I am in college it is the best way to keep in touch with a few of my friends who are constantly on facebook. They check their email every couple of days, but FB they check every couple of hours! So I'm sure to get a reply. lol. Some people need to get lives.
Also, people should really stop asking people to do things, when they don't actually know them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back