grrr pet eye

SuperMom30

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok does anyone know how to get rid of eye shine on pets? I did the red eye remover thats on my Corel Photo pro but it makes it hazy and then they just look blind:grumpy: if I cant remove it from my pics is there a way to shoot them useing a flash that I wont get pet eye shine? I volenteered to do photo's for a local animal shelter tomorrow and would like to be able to remove any eye shine and not have people thinking they run a shelter for the blind :er:

He looks blind

20090611_18.jpg

Just don't shoot them with direct flash. Bounce it off a nearby surface.

before you did that shot you should've removed that wet-thing on his eyes.. ^_^

but indeed, i so adore his ears.. hehe!

The best way is to get the light source as far away from the lens-eye axis (invisible line running from lens to pet eye) as possible, but it's not as easy to solve as red-eye in humans. Many animals have a reflective surface at the back of their eyes to help with night vision. The light goes in the eye, hits the rods and cones, then bounces off the reflective surface, and goes back through the rods and cones again.

That is so nice of you to do that SuperMom. I have done rescue for a long, long time. That little Chi is cute. I hope a wonderful home finds him! Cute pic. Just make sure their eyes are clean. He is adorable. Good luck! :sexywink:

Google DIY flash diffusers, it might help. I would post a link but I'm not sure about forum etiquette when it comes to posting links to other photography related websites.

Thank you all for the tips and tricks! The little Chi in the photo found a very loving home with me :hugs: He has an eye problem he is on meds for but as soon as you clean it , it comes right back. He should be right as rain soon and ready for his close up :lol:
I went out and shot today... It was one of those quick snap and move to the next dog :( I really wanted to take the time to get some nice shots...but they just wanted a quick head shot while they held them and on to the next. I did end up talking to the owner and told her I could come out twice a week to take new photo's but asked if I could please take a few hours after to try and get some better shots they might want to use insted...and she agreed :D After I also agreed to foster a little black pug they had that was having a lot of problems because of the heat..I pick him up in 6 days :hug::

Here are a few shots from today like I said they were very rushed.

alaqua001.jpg

alaqua048.jpg

alaqua071.jpg

Could be the sleeping meds amking me silly, but the second looks a little OOF. Not that I think one should harshly critique something done for the good of the community like this. Great way for you use photography as a way to give back to your community.

Most reactions

Back