*Grrrr* Any hope?

JaimeGibb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can anyone play around with these in Photoshop? Or is there no hope? It was a cute idea...but to me they just look horrible. Kit lenses suck. I have an 85mm which is GREAT but I couldn't get far enough away to get everything in the shot...I would love some help with these!!

I had it on automatic setting (no time to play around with numbers) with my 20D and, obviously, the kit lens, 18-55mm. The only light was the overhead light and the window that it's right next to the little girl. I have a Speedlight flash which I bounced off of the ceiling. There seems to be so much noise, and the sharness is horrible. It's also...orangy. :(

PS: I did play around with crops and lighting in PS, but left them SOOC so get your guys' opinions...

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2134.jpg

Also, I will try this shot again next week, so if you have any critiques on how to make this better, or any ideas for a "one year" shot with TWINS (its hard when you are alone!!) please, let me know!!

This was quite quickly done.

IMG_2138.jpg

Same way the second photo

IMG_2134.jpg

turn off the overhead, its the cause of the orangey cast, tungsten, switch to AP, calculate flash to subject (including bounce distance) set the aperture to the corresponding distance scale of the flash, voila, correct exposure. H

I like your edits muuris, but they still look so noisy. Flash Harry, thanks for the advice...I will definitly do that!!! Any other suggestions??

Just FYI, these are underexposed and I know whenever I underexpose too much, the noise is just out of control! You may be able to run them through a noiseware program though...

Hi there. Well that certainly was an adorable idea for a photo. The kit lens does suck and I know the 85mm ROCKS but the distance you have to have is a downside sometimes. Here is my try, though they are still not the right color. LOL Do you shoot in RAW ever? While I always try to get the exposure correct in camera if you have curcumstance where you'd really like to 'save' a picture it's still not always possible but at least it would be a bit easier.
Although RAW won't help with focus and since this one I played wtih wasn't a full size I really couldnt see too good to know how much the focus was sacrificed with the underexposure. GREAT IDEA! Where did you get those huge foam numbers?

This is about the best I could do but I'm no photoshop expert! I thought I'd have a play though cause those two are just so cute!

IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

Hi there. Well that certainly was an adorable idea for a photo. The kit lens does suck and I know the 85mm ROCKS but the distance you have to have is a downside sometimes. Here is my try, though they are still not the right color. LOL Do you shoot in RAW ever? While I always try to get the exposure correct in camera if you have curcumstance where you'd really like to 'save' a picture it's still not always possible but at least it would be a bit easier.
Although RAW won't help with focus and since this one I played wtih wasn't a full size I really couldnt see too good to know how much the focus was sacrificed with the underexposure. GREAT IDEA! Where did you get those huge foam numbers?

This is about the best I could do but I'm no photoshop expert! I thought I'd have a play though cause those two are just so cute!

IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

Fantistic PP! Bravo!! I can learn a thing or two from you :mrgreen:

JimmyJaceyMom, I love your edit on the first one!!! Would you mind telling me what you did?? Or, if I send you the original copy could you fix it up for me?? Id like to pring it out for their parents...yea, I need to get better at this!

The big numbers came from this foam mat they had put down in their playroom. Numbers and letters, and they all can come out...make sense?? Haha. It's cute.

sure I cant remember exactly what i did. If you want to send me the full copy I will pm you my email address. :)

Jaime, these are so cute!

I thought that since parents love selective coloring, to play on the numbers a little bit? Instead of pure black and white, I just desaturated everything except the numbers. I also played with levels, contrast, rotating and ran it through a noise reducer....

twins.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back