Grrrr! Robbed!!!!

Fiendish Astronaut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I'm going to vent here anyway.

Some b*stards smashed through my kitchen window and made off with lots of mine and my housemates' stuff this weekend. I think I scared them off when I got home as they left a few things after clearly picking them up and went out an upper window rather than the back door.

Among the things they took was my Mac Powerbook. I had LOTS of photos on there; luckily most of which were backed up. In fact I had just shot a wedding - a semi-high profile wedding which in fact Okay Magazine had bid for pictures of (and which the couple turned down wanted a more private affair) - but hopefully the pictures won't get out (probably not but still). And the Mac was the back up, so not lost them - that would have been truly nightmarish!

What's annoying is that the Mac is second hand bought off a friend so I'm thinking the insurance won't pay out for it as it's difficult for me to prove ownership. They also swiped my Digital Rebel (good riddance), a mate's laptop and a whole bunch of other stuff. Luckily they missed the really expensive photo equipment.

Merry Christmas!!!

Hi mate
That's really sad story but I know something about it. I hade break in to my house last monday and they managed to take my 40" telly, camera bag (D40, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-200mm VR lens. couple of memory cards), my old mobile and some of my wife's jewellery. I claimed about £2500 from my insurance.
This is really bad before christmas. I hope you will get everything sorted soon. Good luck and all the best for future.
Regards
Tom

Ah mate that's really bad. They did well to get a TV out, hope it wasn't too stressful. Thanks for the kind words. Here's a lesson to all you Septics* - don't move to Britain!

* Septic is one of the less-nice Cockney Rhyming Slang sayings for American. Septic Tank = Yank. A well known anti-septic product here is called Listerine so someone who is anti American is called a Listerine... Not only will you get robbed, you won't understand what we're saying... ;-)

Oh dear. :(

I'm so sorry to hear this. Hope you get back on your feet soon.

This really sucks. I'm glad to hear that you had a backup though. I don't know how the insurance works over there, but I know here in Ohio, I don't have to prove ownership. I just have to give the insurance company a list of what was stolen.

Sorry to hear about your losses. We've had our business (a restaurant) burgled at least 4 times. It's a pain and really p!ss@s you off. Not only the theft of your property, loss of equipment, time to replace and restructure but also the damage to your house or business as well.

Lot's of Sh!tty people out there!

Ah mate that's really bad. They did well to get a TV out, hope it wasn't too stressful. Thanks for the kind words. Here's a lesson to all you Septics* - don't move to Britain!

* Septic is one of the less-nice Cockney Rhyming Slang sayings for American. Septic Tank = Yank. A well known anti-septic product here is called Listerine so someone who is anti American is called a Listerine... Not only will you get robbed, you won't understand what we're saying... ;-)

Us septics tend to shy away from pikeys, so it's OK.

Thanks for the lesson.. Are there a lot of anti-American idiots in Britain? I was kind of shocked by your post.

Sorry to hear you got robbed. I had a roommate do that to me once, since then no more rommies.

Burglers are generally looking for a fast way in with minimum visual damage and out through a side or back door carrying their stuff. A yard that backs on a ravine, schoolyard etc. is very convenient for them.

The answer is to make it hard for them to get in and just as hard to get out. Windows can be made almost impossible to break and metal doors can be locked from the inside as well as the outside. A good sized dog makes an excellent addition as well.

skieur

don't move to Britain!

Or any countries that are considered a British colony, e.g. New Zealand. Got my Xbox 360, all the games and accessories (1 month old), television set and two lappy's. Car's have been broken into outside my house at least 10 times (both my family member's cars have been broken into 3 times in the last year). And I live in a "safe" neighbourhood.

Note to self: Buy a pitbull or three.

Im sorry to hear about this i hope you catch those suckers (or someone does eventually)

But hey, look on the positive side you have the opportunity to buy new gear now.

That is too bad, but it is a good excuse to get the new macbook pro, it is great.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back