GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MD... are you saying we're being more humane to animals than we are to humans by putting them to sleep, or are we being less humane by "giving up" on them or whatever?

(i'm only asking for clarification... not for the sake of arguing with you or anything)

personally i don't see much reason not to put people out of their misery like we do animals, but hey... that's me. ;)

anyway, about pets... :bounce:

all of my pets came from the humane society except one whom we took in off the street. he'd been living in the sewers in our neighborhood so we rescued him. :) this was shortly after we took him in...
c15380399814111f_photo.jpg

his name is mr. peabody. :heart: when we got him he had ringworm and you could see where rats had been biting him and stuff. :( but we fixed him all up and now he's fine. he still tries to sit on my dad's chest like that though. he's waaaaaay too big for that sort of thing. :razz: my dad always tells him he's the luckiest cat alive cause he went from such bad conditions to being so spoiled. :sillysmi:

we have 4 other cats and one dog that we adopted from the shelter as well. the dog's 18 years old now and he's on his way out. :( but he's been a great pet. :) and we've had others in the past that we either took in off the street or adopted as well. the only animal we ever really bought (that's not counting the money you pay to adopt) was our pug cause he was pure bred.

we have to fight the urge to go visit the kittens at the shelter on weekends for fun cause if we bring another one home my dad'll have a heart attack. :razz:. but it's always SO HARD not to get one!! :lol:

i say we are being less humane. i see no reason why we shouldnt extend the "put to sleep" method to humans too. but thats just me..

cute kitty...

md

Carlita you're wonderful for adopting pets and giving them love and care.. :hugs:
And :hugs: to Terri and Corry too !
I wish more ppl would get their pets from shelters instead of breeders and pet stores , there are SO many beautiful animals that need a good home and someone to love them.
Melbourne has been reporting a lot of cases of animal cruelty lately :( :( , the most recent report was this morning where a couple of scumbag kids set a cat alight ...( cat is currently in an animal hospital recovering ).
A couple of weeks ago there was a news report on tv showing a tape of a couple of kids beating and torturing a kitten at a train station. The kids faces were shown to the public , were taken into police custody and they're gonna be charged. And their names were released. The kitten is on the slow road to recovery too and hundreds of ppl flooded the vet with calls asking to adopt kitty.
I wish all animal abusers had their crimes publically broadcast before being arrested.

Animal cruelty / abandonment makes me physically sick to the guts and makes me cry without fail. Its frustrating not being able to take in all these animals and protect them from harm.

Animal cruelty is now a felony crime in the state of Georgia. It is for exactly this kind of situation you described, Lumi, that I am glad this measure passed when we were finally able to vote on it. :x

It isn't a stretch to tie cruelty to animals with cruelty to people....gotta stop these sweet little tykes while they're still in the kitten-burning stage. :puke:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back