Grunge Music

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had a bit of free time tonight and decided to work with an outtake from a previous shoot. The model (my wife ;)) is placed onto the background image in photoshop. The background image is part of the grungy stairs of my apartment building, seen in my previous post.

Thanks for looking.

grunge_music.jpg

wow- nice job! Look's great! I'm still learning all the cool tricks you can do with photoshop. Look's like you've got it down!

Great job!! I searched the edges and couldn't find a sign of any selection...nice.

Was it intentional that you have the head phones as the outermost part of her? That certainly makes for better extraction than hair.

Great shot, b.t.w.

Thanks everyone.

Mike, I didn't shoot this with the intent on extracting it. I was browsing through some old shots, and having shot that texture specifically to use as a background, I just felt an image from this particular shoot would work well against it. The headphone does simplify the extraction yes, but it is possible to get around whispy hairs with layer masking.

NJMAN, yes, that is another shot of her on the mp3 player, from the same session.

Elsa, the background is a shot of mine. My apt building has a grungy metal staircase in the back that I've taken lots of shots of for textures.

PNA, this probably took about 30-40 minutes including retouching and extracting and what not.

wow!! I love everything about it. This would be a great billboard advertisement! Great work Matt.

Wow that is amazing and I could see it on a billboard or in a magazine for sure !!!

:hail:

That about sums up the quality of your work, looks like something right out of a magazine. Did you do anything to her skin to look so smooth? Or its a combination of proper lighting and PS?

Most reactions

Back