GTA?

I think there is one soon?
I'd like to know if there is one also...cause I could probably swing it if it's at the right time.

Toronto Meet-Ups?
There have been several so far!!!
Just go to the Past Meet-Ups sub-section, that is where you should find threads about those that were!

I help you find them:

29-Oct-2006

24-Feb-2007

14-April-2007

Expect some red x's in some members' posts since they have long taken the photos that were once displayed off their photo servers. But all in all it should give you a good idea! :D

Advice to all who look for old threads and don't find them displayed at once (like in Past Meetups only one thread has had a contribution recent enough to have it still show in the index): you can go to the "Display Options" and choose to see much older threads, too, to search for the one you want

DisplayOptions.jpg

Or you could use the SEARCH function and type in Toronto Meet-Up or so.

Anyone from the Greater Toronto Area?? Has there ever been any meetups here?

Hey...hows it going Eh? Yeah...we have some meetups here, but more in the summer then now. We did a winter meet up last year and froze our ta dos off.
There are a few of us here from Toronto that get together every now and then, plus a few from other forums. We usually do a thread here, letting everyone know where we are going. Lots of fun, no pressure shooting days. Hope you can make it out one day.

Thanks for posting the links Corinna. Your a sweetie.

Hi Torontonians,

I'd be up for a nice leisurely day of shooting in the spring/summer. Sounds like fun.

Look forward to meeting you guys!

I'd be up for a T.O. meetup, be cool to meet the names behind the pics.

As Chiller said, when a Toronto-are meetup is in the works, it's posted in the Locations and Meetup Forum, to let people know the date/time being proposed and get an idea of everyone's availability. So check that forum every now and then.

Maybe another winter outing should be considered. We're all hardy Canadians, right?

Most of our meetups are very casual, just let things happen type stuff. We have a few laughs, and take a few photos. It is cool. Sometimes we just find ourselves wandering the streets. There is so much to shoot in Toronto, ya cant really go wrong.
:D

I'm still working on plans to visit your fair city this spring / early summer. I'll keep checking for notices.

Is there a link for a city guide for accommadations or any recommendations? Would prefer a B&B or small hotel near the city center (?) or certainly near a lively section of the city.

Cheers....

I'm still working on plans to visit your fair city this spring / early summer. I'll keep checking for notices.

Is there a link for a city guide for accommadations or any recommendations? Would prefer a B&B or small hotel near the city center (?) or certainly near a lively section of the city.

Cheers....

You won't find a B&B anywhere near Toronto.. you'd have to drive at least 30 mins for that.. and even then, I think it would be hard to find.

There's tons of hotels near the airport, which is actually located in Mississauga, but you aren't exactly close to anything in particular. As with most places.. the closer you get to the attractions, the more expensive it is.. I would try a Mariott.

Damn. I was afraid of that. It's not a money thing, so much as an ambience thing I was after.

BnB's would indeed be few and far between in downtown Toronto. There are budget hotels though, if that's what you're after. Like Novotel, Holiday Inn Express, Howard Johnson Yorkville, Best Western Primrose, Courtyard Marriott (all in the downtown area) to name a few. Here's a link listing a bunch of Toronto Hotels, but you have to watch the location, as they could be far from downtown.

Edit: I was typing this while you had already replied re wanting ambience. Still, the link may help you.

Damn. I was afraid of that. It's not a money thing, so much as an ambience thing I was after.

I know some really cool cemeteries with a great ambience. And the rent is really cheap. Ya might have to deal with a few home less tho:lmao::lmao::lmao:

kiddin... Tons of places to stay in the big schmoke.:D

Cheers....

Theres the Delta Chelsea right downtown in the core. the ambiance there is....interesting. You would be right in the centre of it all. There is the Grand hotel, which is supposed to be a "boutique hotel", not sure about that either.

The good b&b's would be towards niagara, or niagara on the lake. It depends on what you want to do.

Most reactions

Back