Guess I should introduce myself?

gregtallica

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,

My name's Greg, (hence gregtallica...) and I'm pretty new to this little hobby. I've always been intruiged by photography but have just recently decided I want to get better at it, make it more of a passion or personality outlet, or whatever this could become...

Anyway, needed a break from my other hobby of playing guitar and spending all my money there. I currently have begun shooting with a Minolta Maxxum 5000 with the 35-70mm lens, and per recommendation of a friend and through hours of my own research, I've just ordered a new 50mm lens and am excited to see what I can do with it.

My girlfriend just purchased a Nikon D5100 as well, through lots of reading here and researching around the net, that seemed to be one of the best options in her price range, and it was her favorite after we played with a few different cameras, and based on what she's shot with with friends' cameras. Thankfully for me, I get to use it whenever I want (as in whenever "the comittee" says I can...)

Feel free to laugh, but we also have a Diana clone that we use with the Instant back. It's really a lot of fun for both of us, it's just a fun way to keep memories down on film. All the pictures look like they came from a plastic camera (because they did), and it's a lot of fun to work with and learn.

Still far too timid to jump into any discussion, but I look forward to hearing tips from you guys and gals. I've been lurking the forum a little recently and have found a wealth of information, things I had never even thought about. Most favorite thing I've learned so far was the Megapixel Myth. Turned me on to a whole new way of thinking and researching.

:D

Most reactions

Back