Votes: 19 28.4%

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • None of 'em.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I have no clue!

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
Great post pgriz.

Don't have a clue how to read these (time I learned). I'm going with #2. With help from google (first time ever looking it up)...plenty of blue and green in h-gram #2...although neither are overly bright so it follows the h-gram is leaning left (as in #2...the largest of the left-leaning blue & green regions of all the choices). Also, looks like a small spike in #2 on the far right to brightness in the bridge. Other than this 'logic'...it's a crap-shoot!

I guess 5 because there is a continuous blue from right to left, which you would expect from the gradient in the sky. It also has some white at the right end which probably is from the bridge reflection in the center. There also isn't much, if any, real black in the image, which is consistent with 5.

Great idea!

I guess 2 cuz the center of the flower should has the dark side in red.

Assuming the white bridge is very much clipped and not even showing, I went with #5.

Whatever the outcome, I vote we give Sparky the "TPF Award of the Month" for a really neat and unique idea! Hey, Overread, got any swag for our resident electron-pusher?

I'm amazed at the lack of consensus... no option even has 25% of the votes.

Solid evidence that this stuff is worth having a bunch of conversations about. Great idea Sparky!

i said two just looking at the greens, blues, and cyans,

a lot of middle, and dark greens and blues, while also a quite a bit of cyan

All I have to see is it better not be "None of 'em" or we're gonna have to put the hurt on.

In a histogram, tall means lots of pixels, wide means a broad range of luminosity from dark on the left to bright on the right. A skinny tall spike on the right means a lot of almost equally bright pixels of that color. A tall skinny spike on the left means a a lot of almost equally dark pixels of that color.

It can’t be #1 because #1 doesn’t show enough dark blue pixels.

#2 is a possible because it does indicate a lot of dark bluepixels, and not a lot of whites - but it does indicate whites that range fromboth mostly dark to a few light. The greens are mostly mid brightness and sureenough there is a bunch of them right in the middle of the histogram.

It can’t be #3 because there aren’t enough dark red pixelsto support that big red peak.

It can’t be #4 again because of the tall red dark section inthe left of the histogram.

It can’t be #5 for that same reason, and the fact there are zerobright whites.

All of which is why I voted for #2.

Last edited:
I voted number 1 as well! But KmH makes some solid points

But I don't see how it can be #2... what is creating the strong red mid-tone peak? I think #5 does have clipped highlights, but it's a solid tone so there isn't much in between the clipped white and the midtones which is why there is no data there in the histogram.

"COME ON NUMBER 5, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!"

Most reactions

Back