Guess what...

Finally! I got the USPS slip yesterday, so I'm going to pick up my camera at lunch today. I feel a sickness coming on where I may not be able to make it back to work. *cough* *cough*

Ha, I beat you too it. :mrgreen: I got home from work last night. Going over some stuff with it right now. Continued my spending spree (helping the economy) and orded CS4 upgrade and LR2 just now.

Hope you feel better from lunch. :lol: Funny how you can get sick that quick. :lmao:

Congrats.:thumbup:

Well, I got my baby. Boy, I couldn't be a prouder parent! She's beautiful! Now I'm sitting here waiting on the freaking battery to charge.

Question. Does anyone know if you can use the same charger for the D300 and D70s? I know the batteries are different, but didn't know if I could charge both D300 batteries using both chargers.

I'm not home, so I can't tell if they would even both fit on the other chargers, but just wondering....

Just as a gut instinct, I would use the dedicated charger.

My D80 & D300 use the same battery so I can use the same charger, haven't even unwrapped the one that came with the D300.

Well, I got my baby. Boy, I couldn't be a prouder parent! She's beautiful! Now I'm sitting here waiting on the freaking battery to charge.

Question. Does anyone know if you can use the same charger for the D300 and D70s? I know the batteries are different, but didn't know if I could charge both D300 batteries using both chargers.

I'm not home, so I can't tell if they would even both fit on the other chargers, but just wondering....

I charge everything on my d300 charger. The d80 and d300 batteries are interchangeable, but I've never tried jamming the d70 batteries in the good cameras.

& will we be seeing photos of "the tree", soon?

I charge everything on my d300 charger. The d80 and d300 batteries are interchangeable, but I've never tried jamming the d70 batteries in the good cameras.

& will we be seeing photos of "the tree", soon?

Figures. 2 batteries, 2 chargers... blech.

And of course you will see my tree soon. I'm thinking of really going all out and using my new IR filter too!

Ok, I'm in love!
I learned all the buttons and basic operational settings last night to be at least where I was on my previous camera (although I'm not as quick as accessing them yet). Now, I have to learn all the customization stuff.

I love this camera! The display and button layout is so much better. For example, on the D70s, it didn't have a spot for a remote trigger, so doing night shots, I had to use the self timer, but each time it defaults back to the regular setting, so each time you have to set the timer.

Also, for HDR it allows up to 9 or 10 shots? Mine was 3.
The colors are more brilliant.
The dummy buttons are gone.
The 6 fps is incredible!

I am sitting here all smiles at the moment. Even with my MF 300 f2.8 it amases me what you can do with it. It is working in all modes (that I have checked) using a MF lens. :hail: I have my 300 2.8 as #1 and just entered my 50 1.8 as #2. Going to see what else I might use on it now. Hahahaha.

Both of you need to post at least one of your very first shots in this thread.

My grip arrived today. :biggrin: With it on, the D80 looks like a toy.

That will be easy. I got a photography group outing on sunday I plan to use it on. I plan on a grip but I gotta recover from the camera and I just booked a cruise, so the camera stuff will have to take a back seat right now.

It's been raining for 2 days here. Keep waiting to go outside with it.

I also have the grip on, and reall like the vertical controls (not just an extra shutter button). :thumbup:

Have the R1 kit out now, don't have enough cr123's though. But I ordered 30 yesterday.

Ok here are a couple from my first use this weekend. This is from the Gaylord Hotel ICE exhibit. As the name indicates, everything is made of ice! It was 4 degrees in there when we went early in the morning for the sneek peek before the general public was allowed to enter. I will post more on this in the general gallery:

418299143_WBgLn-L.jpg

418325037_Lnucs-XL.jpg

418303652_vL9JW-XL.jpg

Oh wow! That camera takes amazing pictures!

And some of it might be you, too. :hug::

Most reactions

Back