Guests at a ball, how much? Your experiences

The fact that you refuse to detail your equipment speaks worlds. Charge $5. +gas.
Boy, the fact that you think the equipment is decisive speaks more worlds. I was yesterday night at a ball, with around 25 colleagues, some with Canon 5D, some with 60D, some with Nikon 3Ds, some with D90.. All in front of the same potential customers, with presumably similar rates. I am afraid that you certainly have no big experience.

This is the response of someone with an entry level or point and shoot. ;)

You better charge a lot if you want to live the lavish life of a photographer.

One MILLION Dollars

dr_evil_one_million_dollars.jpg

If a bunch of people, with various but significant experience in the field, are having trouble answering a question and want to know more information, you should consider the fact that, since you don't know the answer, they probably recognize better what data is needed to answer the question than you do.

Being snotty, won't get you anywhere but disregarded or made fun of.

Why not just answer their questions and get an answer in their way?

Why not just say you have a D80?

I think there's a significant language issue here. While the OP speaks far better English than I do German, it's still not quite good enough (I don't think) for most of us to understand exactly what is needed.

OP: May I suggest you PM one of the mods, LaPhoto? She is German and speaks excellent English. If she cannot help you directly, I'm sure she could assist by "translating" your questions into "photographic English".

The video is full of win!!:thumbup:

it IS the business forum. i think you're looking for the beginner forum?

Well, let's begin again. Has anyone here sold one picture from events? :lol:

I do have a D80 and a D700, but, I repeat, last Friday there were pros with 12.000 $ in gear, and pros with less than 1.200 $. Of course your technical resources count, but, seriously, are you sure that the final incomes were in proportion, staggered? I am not. Rates with any equipment, for me that is the only important information. Even if I were in the 1.200 $ level, all data would be helpful. Thank you fellas!

Last edited:
Well, and practicing what I preach, my (only) data: 40 euros for 2 pictures of a couple, at the Opera hall last Christmas. But they were foreigners, I want to know how much the Viennese people are used to pay.

If a bunch of people, with various but significant experience in the field, are having trouble answering a question and want to know more information...
Frankly, I see no difficulty. If someone ask "how much for a pizza in your town", he need no rambling: what size do you mean? Pizza with black olives? Ordering an expensive wine? But please how much money would you spend! And what if you children don't like pizza? How many pizzerias in your town? Any celiac in the group? What's the capital of North Dakota?

Just tell something like: "Recently I went to a trattoria, four people, ham and pineapple pizza, all 27 euros".

Easier: what camera do you have? It is very similar.

Most reactions

Back