Guests at a ball, how much? Your experiences

Kolander

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
No printing but sending by email. Please just numbers, avoid inquiring (what camera, what lense, tickets or free admission, day or night, with or without the Royal Family...). Just rates and incomes would be helpful. Thank you!

How are we to know the incomes of the guests at a ball? Or was there another question you didn't verbalize correctly?

Woah, you're right, sorry! Since we are in a photo forum, in the Business section, of course I wanted you to guess the incomes of farmers in East Australia.

The fact that you refuse to detail your equipment speaks worlds. Charge $5. +gas.

Why should we even try to assist you.. when are not forthcoming with the details we need to even make a decent guess? We don't get paid for this... we do it because we enjoy helping people to improve their skills.

You seem to ask this type of question a lot, based on your former posts. Maybe you should consider working with a local pro... both to learn the business, and to improve your photography.

No printing but sending by email. Please just numbers, avoid inquiring (what camera, what lense, tickets or free admission, day or night, with or without the Royal Family...). Just rates and incomes would be helpful. Thank you!

Are you asking how much you should charge to shoot the guests at a ball?

If so, it would be nice to know how many because shooting 20 people takes less time and effort in PPing that shooting 2000.

This is like asking how much to prepare and deliver food to people?

The fact that you refuse to detail your equipment speaks worlds. Charge $5. +gas.
Boy, the fact that you think the equipment is decisive speaks more worlds. I was yesterday night at a ball, with around 25 colleagues, some with Canon 5D, some with 60D, some with Nikon 3Ds, some with D90.. All in front of the same potential customers, with presumably similar rates. I am afraid that you certainly have no big experience.

Are you asking how much you should charge to shoot the guests at a ball?

If so, it would be nice to know how many because shooting 20 people takes less time and effort in PPing that shooting 2000.

This is like asking how much to prepare and deliver food to people?

Well, usually you never shoot 20, even 10. Normally 2 or 4, sometimes 6 or 7. No more. I mean selling pictures.

Kolander said:
Well, usually you never shoot 20, even 10. Normally 2 or 4, sometimes 6 or 7. No more. I mean selling pictures.

So you want to know how much to sell a picture for??

Boy, the fact that you think the equipment is decisive speaks more worlds. I was yesterday night at a ball, with around 25 colleagues, some with Canon 5D, some with 60D, some with Nikon 3Ds, some with D90.. All in front of the same potential customers, with presumably similar rates. I am afraid that you certainly have no big experience.
It's a legitimate question. The fact that I even have to post this is embarrassing.

Equipment does matter when you're getting PAID. And since we don't know you (which I assume most of us don't want to), then all we have to go by is your equipment to understand your level of skill. This is the internet. We are not personalized financial consultants. Unless you're willing to pony up some info about yourself, we have no frame of reference.

It's kind of like some asking what to charge for a wedding, but refusing to tell how much experience they have, what their equipment is capable of, and whether or not they have a legitimate business or not.

It just doesn't work like that, bud.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back