GUIDING HANDS

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
LTxLpw+ESS+6mvo5nkh2EQ_thumb_880c_Fotor.jpg

Guiding Hands ~ Great gun dogs are the result of select breedings coupled with diligently and competently conducted training. A relationship built on implicit trust betwixt the owner / handler / trainer is the foundation for the creation of that most special bond realized betwixt the hunter and their gun dog.

I captured this image yesterday of my friend Greg and his four month old female Chocolate Labrador Retriever puppy "SHOOTER" as Greg imparted the needed guidance to forge a proper delivery of a retrieved training bumper.

z+g+HExuQ3idS1kkkzjGrQ_thumb_87fa_Fotor.jpg

Message Sent / Message Received ~ So much of K9 communication is silently conveyed by means of posturing. Our dogs are constantly studying us and continually looking to us for messages we are most often sending knowingly and at times unknowingly. As a trainer, I am constantly watching the dogs I work with for subtle messages most often missed by those lacking that understanding. In this image my training partner Greg looks assuredly back at his young pup SHOOTER as we go about working the trainee on the fundamentals of the water retrieve. We strive to send positive messages to our dogs whilst still providing them with the leadership that they seek from us. This two directional flow of communication is an essential tool for the trainer in maintaining a productive relationship with the K9 trainee.

cgkt6YaATdq7uSHFMJ3ifg_thumb_8807_Fotor.jpg

Success ! ~ Four month old Labrador Retriever puppy SHOOTER is seen making one of her first water retrieves of a canvas training bumper. SHOOTER is worked on a long yellow check cord that floats on the surface of the pond. The check cord is utilized to assure the young trainee's safety and to guide them back to their starting point with the retrieved training bumper.

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER ☘️

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back