Chris of Arabia

Herding cats since 1988...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of mine built from parts. OK, so the background isn't much to look at, but I kind of liked the lighting effect, given that it was one flash on the camera bounced off a nearby strip of wall between two doors on the left. The only clever bit was using a bit of card to ensure that no light hit the guitar directly from the flash head itself.

warmoth001.jpg

>;o))

Iam just a beginner so dont hate. I croped the neck as it took my away from what I thought the best part was. couldnt do anything with background.

warmoth001.jpg

I think it is fine how it is. I like the neck because it makes it very simple. There is a guitar and it looks amazing. You said you didnt like the background but I do because it adds to the color of the guitar. It adds to the simple feeling. nice job

Iam just a beginner so dont hate. I croped the neck as it took my away from what I thought the best part was. couldnt do anything with background.

warmoth001.jpg

Interesting colour. Wonder if Warmoth can offer that finish?

My main issue with the background is that it's just a set of wardrobe doors and you can see the gap between them just above the headstock. As it happens, I'm in a different house now, so I really ought to see what possibillities that offers.

>;o))

other than the fact that the guitar isn't perfectly straight on the stand, I dont see a problem with it. The background adds to the sunburst finish, cloning the gap out might help.

You made that with parts? It looks like it would sound very warm.

other than the fact that the guitar isn't perfectly straight on the stand, I dont see a problem with it. The background adds to the sunburst finish, cloning the gap out might help.

You made that with parts? It looks like it would sound very warm.

I might just try that cloning stuff, but my Photoshop experience kind of runs out after re-sizing and saving for web!

Off topic I realise, but yes it is a very warm sounding guitar. All the parts were custom ordered to my requirements from Warmoth, including the hollow Swamp Ash body (maple top). It's very dark sounding through my little 5w valve amp, but can really rock out if you wind up the wick a bit.

>;0))

IMO try a different angle and try and get it closer to the wall to just include the wooden part of the background, the only i dislike about the image is the black line coming up from the head of the guitar, but its still a great pic!

I just cropped it and cloned out the little spot on the left and the line from the doors. :)
warmoth001.jpg

hahaha if you can figure out how to use the clone stamp in real life, then sure... where's the floor! haha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back