Guitar Lines

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Played around with one of the guitars today, I wanted to isolate and simplify the lines. I've done this a few times but always came up short and it just didn't simplify enough. This time I think I got there :)

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

It's a little dark for my taste because you loose the little e string. I think if you are wanting to simplify the lines you need a fret-less bass or something like that. Then you would just have the lines of the string and the fretboard going in the same direction.

Well, I have no idea what a fretboard or an e-string even ARE, but…
…that bright curve on the bottom left just pulls my attention right to it and really diminishes the impact of the strings, imo.

(An Aside: When I first viewed this, the photo didn't load, so I saw your comment and then white space, and I thought, "hmmm…might have simplified those strings a little TOO much… :lol: )

Well, I have no idea what a fretboard or an e-string even ARE, but…
…that bright curve on the bottom left just pulls my attention right to it and really diminishes the impact of the strings, imo.

(An Aside: When I first viewed this, the photo didn't load, so I saw your comment and then white space, and I thought, "hmmm…might have simplified those strings a little TOO much… :lol: )

I had the same problem. I read Ron's response .. and there was no photo. I came back a minute later and viola (or guitar) it was finally there.

I like it though as sharon mentions the cutout is very bold in the photo. Maybe try reducing the lighting to the cutout especially the whitish curve line.

I didn't have an issue with the cut away line because it flows into the other lines and actually give it an arrow/ or direction of the lines.

Not bad. The bright spot on the cutaway is a bit distracting. Also, I would have liked more of the rosette in focus. Overall, pretty nice.

Thanks for your thoughts all, I will carry your thoughts forward.

ha! I guess Flickr was messing with ya ;)

Ron, hmmm, I see all of the strings on all my devices, perhaps I'm not quite calibrated?

I think its a great shot and I wouldn't change a thing. My eyes went from the fretboard to the cutaway, then finally to the rosary. Lots of visual interest and executed well.

Nice one!

$12620716813_16d9104750_za.jpg
Hey Pix, I sure don't know what I'm doing, but I think the round hole inside a square crop looks pretty cool.

I think you did a great job of making an abstract out of a guitar. The point here, to me, isn't that it is representational of a guitar, but more of a study in lines, curves, and shape.

I happen to like the cross-lines of the frets, but then none of my guitars are fretless....

I like Rick's crop but I was immediately seeing a little different take on it. I wanted more off the top to make the incomplete circle of the sound hole to match the incomplete circle of the cutout.

12620716813_16d9104750_za by breckmiller, on Flickr

Thanks all!

Thanks for the edit guys, I really like where you both went with it! This was taken at 18mm with a magnifying glass held in front of the lens so my focus distance was reduced and the edits have me thinking, I will play a bit more with the few shots I have left from this shoot and carry them forward.
See the real shame is the wood this particular guitar is made of is stunning and the inlay is mother of pearl, I have yet to capture it in colour "right" but I will!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back