Guitar, sky with clouds, C&C please

are you using lightroom? if soo id do a gradient filter or even using your brush tool and underexposing that area a bit

I am using PS.

You can do the same thing still, assuming you have Bridge too. Just right click your file in bridge, and select "Open in Camera RAW...". CR has very similar adjustment brush and gradient filter options.

I love #1, love the idea. I've just bought an accordion and have been wanting to do simular artistic photos of it.

I love #1, love the idea. I've just bought an accordion and have been wanting to do simular artistic photos of it.

Thank you. I love the idea as well, which is why I posted it. #3 is boring....but that is the only one anyone half-way liked. I mainly do portraits so I needed help with stuff like this. Good Luck with the accordion and be sure to post your photo's so we can see them.

No working for me, did you use a tripod ? they don't look very sharp

No, I didn't use my tripod, I was laying in the strangest position trying to get a shot of these with sky as background 1st two

I would have liked to have seen that :sexywink:

LOL, Tripods are b-b-boring, however neccessary at times. You mean you all haven't gotten in strange positions to capture a photo? I have stood on stools, layed sideways, on my belly, I'm all over the place! My main problem is I am short, 5'2, 106lbs so I need chairs a lot or stepstools, so taller people have an advantage in certain situation but I have an advantage being small and can squeeze into small places :)

My main problem is I am short, 5'2, 106lbs so I need chairs a lot or stepstools, so taller people have an advantage in certain situation but I have an advantage being small and can squeeze into small places :)

Perfect for 4 inch heels.............err wait, sorry about that. Got a little carried away.............what I meant to say is, yeah I can see where you're coming from.

I edited this one, guitar doesn't get eaten in the sky, but I still like #1 better.

I like #1.

I love the angle and idea.
I like the raw edgy feel to it too.
The edited picture is clearer and technically more detailed, but lost a bit of that feel from #1.

IMHO. :)

Got me thinking . . . just some thoughts. Maybe go for an even more sun flared picture? Hide the sun behind part of the guitar and get some serious back lighting and flare? Hum . . . if so, maybe use something to bounce light back onto the guitar? Like a big piece of foam core?

I edited this one, guitar doesn't get eaten in the sky, but I still like #1 better.

I like #1.

I love the angle and idea.
I like the raw edgy feel to it too.
The edited picture is clearer and technically more detailed, but lost a bit of that feel from #1.

IMHO. :)

Got me thinking . . . just some thoughts. Maybe go for an even more sun flared picture? Hide the sun behind part of the guitar and get some serious back lighting and flare? Hum . . . if so, maybe use something to bounce light back onto the guitar? Like a big piece of foam core?

Thanks, I sure like #1 the best even though noone else did, lol. I like the sun idea a lot! Unfortunately, it was a very windy, ugly gray cloud day. I showed some friends over here last night and they said it looked like an album cover and we just needed to put the Rolling Stones tongue logo on the guitar Haha :lol:

I showed some friends over here last night and they said it looked like an album cover and we just needed to put the Rolling Stones tongue logo on the guitar Haha :lol:

You know. I can definitely see that! Its got that something extra in there. :)

The third one is my favourite. This is purley because I dont think guitars and skies go together. The wall is a nicer background. :)
(5 years guitar experience - 7 months photography experience)

Orbit.

No, I didn't use my tripod, I was laying in the strangest position trying to get a shot of these with sky as background 1st two

I would have liked to have seen that :sexywink:

LOL, Tripods are b-b-boring, however neccessary at times. You mean you all haven't gotten in strange positions to capture a photo? I have stood on stools, layed sideways, on my belly, I'm all over the place! My main problem is I am short, 5'2, 106lbs so I need chairs a lot or stepstools, so taller people have an advantage in certain situation but I have an advantage being small and can squeeze into small places :)

Yes got very close for this shot
138512747_NJd6o-L.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back