Guitar

Pamela

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
20046121281213687025551.jpg

This was taken for a slow shutter speed assignment for my photo class.
Kodak T-Max 100 Film. I think it was taken at 4 seconds...i don't remember aperture. I use a Canon Rebel 2000 and a Tamron 75-300 mm lens. I developed and printed this in class and burned the background and the top of the guitar strap for as long as I exposed the entire picture. I know I didn't burn under the arm in the background, but I think it's ok without that. I had already burned in 3 different spots. What do you think?

cool how the arm has 3(4) distinct positions
that, combined with the fact that you mentioned it was intended to be a slow exposure, makes it cool to me. The 4 second window gives a sense of the tempo of the music being played. sweet.

ooo, I like this one a bunch! Great exposure. While you're learning, I know it's hard to remember everything, but try to keep an exposure log on each frame - f stop, shutter, even lens - it will help you next time. You did a great job here! :D

very nice. what gets me is that the body has remained quite still (and sharp) whilst the hand has been moving up the fretboard. lol, my whole body tends to move while i am playing.

very nice capture.

vonnagy said:
very nice. what gets me is that the body has remained quite still (and sharp) whilst the hand has been moving up the fretboard. lol, my whole body tends to move while i am playing.

very nice capture.

Oh, believe me, he moves a lot while playing also, but I was directing him to keep very still except for his arm. It was rather difficult for him, but I'm happy with the way it turned out. Thank you all for the comments!

Very nice. Great motion effect. Wonderful composition. Good job on the printing.

this is a wonderful effect. Good job on "making" him stay still. The composition is great and the sharpness with the motion is what really sets this picture up.

Even directed to stand still it is amazing that there wasn't some discernible movement in the torso and guitar. Oh, there is a touch, but quite negligible. Did you take several to get this one?

Great job!

Rainman said:
Even directed to stand still it is amazing that there wasn't some discernible movement in the torso and guitar. Oh, there is a touch, but quite negligible. Did you take several to get this one?

Great job!

Yes, I took several, but almost all of them came out quite clearly. I chose this one based on hand postition and composition.

Most reactions

Back