'Gull following the waves

chademrick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the last of a set of pictures I'm going to post from my Florida vacation last year. I'm going to college in Florida next Fall, and I can't wait for all the new things I'm going to have to take pictures of thennn =]! Its very different from upstate New York down there =P

Also, everyone should know that sometimes my shots lack quality because all I have is a kodak easyshare z710. Its a p&s, and only 7 mega pixels. Its nothing compared to some of your guys' cameras! I know I can't blame all of my pictures flaws on the camera, but a lot of them don't have a very high resolution, and I'm very limited with what I can take pictures of due to my cameras high aperture. I do my best though! I try for the best composition I get get, and the best quality I can manage, and I've gotten some decent shots over the years. Maybe when I get into college I'll get a job and a DSLR? =P

Okay I'm done randomly rambling, heres the shot! =D
C&C are welcome, and would be much appreciated.

333yjcm.jpg

Ok snapshot, but it doesn't do too much for me.

I think the problem I have with it is that the whole frame is in focus, the subject doesn't pop at all (which as you said has to do with a slow aperture). Plus the subject is dead center, or pretty close. I also think this would be better landscape as opposed to portrait, allowing for some imagined movement of the bird.

This is a nice photo, for the gear you have I would say excellent. Right now with the weather we are having....makes me wish I was there.

It's to bad the shadow from the right wing covers the gulls face.

The image could be made stronger with some judicious cropping and other image editing.

yeah, that does look much better! I don't know why I chose to use a portrait style crop over horizontal. Landscape makes so much more sense. I don't know if (even with a full sized image) I would have a high enough resolution for such an intense crop though. And I'm not sure why I didn't think to make the waves more blue like you did either. I'm feeling as though I really dropped the ball on this one. =P

Most reactions

Back