Guru [B&W]

Really intriguing photo, Mat. Nice intensity.

Black & white is definitely the choice for this photo. I don't think it would have nearly as much impact in color (though I haven't seen the color shot -- if one exists). I'm also curious as to what the scene is showing.

auer1816, woodsac thanks for comment, glad to see that the weird atmospher of this picture is enhanced by the B&W.

In fact it is taken in a confucius temple in Taipei. Don't ask me too much, I just know it s a kind of variant of Bouhdism, from China, if somebody knows more please explain .

I was the only foreigner in this place, but I was like the invisible man to them. People were not at all disturbed by the fact that I took picture, nobody came to me and asked me anything. I juste receive smiles.
I ask to one of the monk , "Is it ok for picture?" "Yes Yes no Pb!!!"
Ok so fine....

I find very interesting the relativity of what is religious and holy. To us, I mean Western people it is quite chocking to take picture of people who pray, for them it seems it s no problem.

So this lady was praying and I catch her eyes, it is the only one looking at me that I captures in 1 hour.

In fact it has nothing to see with the title guru, except if you consider guru as somebody who lead the pray with people on her back, nothing more.

Mat

some more picture of this temple
1/

2/

3/

Great shots but I really like the B&W shot. Very intense.

Most reactions

Back