Guthrie, OK - sites and scenes

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, I posted some of the fun(ny) shots from my Saturday trip to Guthrie. Now I thought I'd post some of the rest.

1) Street portrait of one of the gun fighters. (yes, it's natural light and we did not have any reflectors.) I know the shadow on the face takes away from the shot.

2) old lamp shade in one of the buildings used for weddings.

Guthrie walk-20-Edit by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

3) An old phonograph and chair that were in the same building.

Guthrie walk-26 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

4) A wall sconce that was in the train depot. I thought it looked interesting.

Guthrie walk-68 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

5) Couldn't add a photo of a train depot and NOT add one of a train could you? This one was cruising by on it's way southbound.

Guthrie walk-67 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

Last edited:
I really like shot #1 I think it turned out great except for as you said face shadows. Im not really sure how you shoot that without the shadows. Perhaps fill flash?

I really like shot #1 I think it turned out great except for as you said face shadows. Im not really sure how you shoot that without the shadows. Perhaps fill flash?

Thanks hotdrop. All that was needed was a reflector to put a little light in his face under the hat.

Thanks hotdrop. All that was needed was a reflector to put a little light in his face under the hat.
That first one is great Ron; I wouldn't worry too much about the reflector; that shadow looks natural and appropriate. I think with some careful selective processing in LR you could bring out just a little more eye detail and it would be perfect.

That first one is great Ron; I wouldn't worry too much about the reflector; that shadow looks natural and appropriate. I think with some careful selective processing in LR you could bring out just a little more eye detail and it would be perfect.

Thanks John. I'll have to give it a go tonight and see if I can improve it.

John, FWIW, I went back to that jpeg and I lightened the eyes just a little bit and I think it helped it a lot. I replaced the original above.

Did you get a chance to look inside the Masonic temple? That place is fantastic! They have quite a nice organ in there. Did a few concerts there back in the day...

There's also an interesting little pharmacy museum that's worth a look if you get a chance...

Did you get a chance to look inside the Masonic temple? That place is fantastic! They have quite a nice organ in there. Did a few concerts there back in the day...

There's also an interesting little pharmacy museum that's worth a look if you get a chance...

No, I did not go to the Masonic temple or the pharmacy museum. There is a lot there to photograph, so I know that I'll go back and shoot there again.

All good stuff Ron. John took the words out of my mouth. After I read your initial post, I thought "Why would you want to remove the shadow cast by the hat?" If fact doing that would look unnatural and ruin the shot.
Nice locomotive shot. It either looks like she's new or right out of the paint shop.

Nice! That portrait is fantastic!

All good stuff Ron. John took the words out of my mouth. After I read your initial post, I thought "Why would you want to remove the shadow cast by the hat?" If fact doing that would look unnatural and ruin the shot.
Nice locomotive shot. It either looks like she's new or right out of the paint shop.

Thanks Rick. I agree that it was just the eyes that needed something. That did look like a new locomotive.

1 and 3 are my fav. Very nice overall.

Thank you CaptainNapalm.

Nice! That portrait is fantastic!

Thank you jenko

Thought I would share two more photos from this walk.

1) This was in front of one of the stores. I think they are ready for warmer weather.

2) This was a memorial for our Armed Services. Love the red building serving as the background.

Most reactions

Back