Guys, is it a good deal?

The 7D and 5D are completely different cameras. What do you shoot? What lenses do you have? EF-S lenses won't work on the 5D.

7D crop sensor with terrific AF, great for sports/fast moving objects. 5D mark II full frame, great for portraits and landscapes, not so great for sports/fast moving objects.

iresq said:
The 7D and 5D are completely different cameras. What do you shoot? What lenses do you have? EF-S lenses won't work on the 5D.

7D crop sensor with terrific AF, great for sports/fast moving objects. 5D mark II full frame, great for portraits and landscapes, not so great for sports/fast moving objects.

I don't have ether but I agree, 7D for action, 5D for everything else. You'll notice the biggest improvements going to the full frame 5D (from what I can tell), but price point of the camera and non EF-S lenses are a bit spendy. With that said, going to the 5D you'll not look back, but going to the 7D, you'll likely be wishing you held out for a 5D.

That's why I'm going with the lower price point 60D or t3i. At least it's not near the cost of the 5D and they take near to or the same quality photos as the 7D. Minus some functions of course.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back