Habit pays off

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am not sure where I developed this habit but, eversince I was a kid I have had a habit of intentionally wasteing the first and last frames of a roll of film. I got my pictures back today and found this to have paid off on one roll.

Now I ask out of curiosity how did this happen?
Whatisthis.jpg

Is that a faulty loading of the film or something else?

*yes, I pointed my canon at a pea shooter, so what :)

I think I have that camera. I'm not sure, cause me and my sister both have kodak p+s cameras that look like that...it's probably one of them...lol. Got it for 15 bucks. (it is digital, right?)

Anyways, it looks like the film just didn't get loaded in correctly...might have slipped or something...not sure.

That's why I use digital. Can't mess up loading film...lol

looks like a wind on fault, maybe it missed a few holes, the film was slack.
You load the film, wind it on to frame 1, shoot frame 1, wind it on but the film slips out of the gears for a hole or 2, then engages again as you wind to frame 2, shoot frame 2 but its not full wound on and you double expose a part of frame 1.
Does frame 1 overlap frame 2 a bit on the negs

looks like a wind on fault, maybe it missed a few holes, the film was slack.
You load the film, wind it on to frame 1, shoot frame 1, wind it on but the film slips out of the gears for a hole or 2, then engages again as you wind to frame 2, shoot frame 2 but its not full wound on and you double expose a part of frame 1.
Does frame 1 overlap frame 2 a bit on the negs

That makes perfect sence, Yes, frame two dose over lap on to frame one on the negitive. All the rest of the pictures including the second are fine.

well I have to take that back, the second is junk due to my error on the shot :mrgreen: but there is no evidence of overlaping frames on the second print.

well I have to take that back, the second is junk due to my error on the shot :mrgreen: but there is no evidence of overlaping frames on the second print.

so there is spacing between frame 1 and 2 ?
2 exposes over the top of 1, the print could be taken from a cropped 2nd exposure.

so there is spacing between frame 1 and 2 ?
2 exposes over the top of 1, the print could be taken from a cropped 2nd exposure.

No, It overlaps on the negitive, but the print is fine, I guess I half expected the lab to not put in the extra effort of doing the croped print being standard prints and all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back