Hacker or hacker i wonder

well, it depends ... in the past, if it were my "boyfriend" i probably would have been pissed... but my hubby has access to my computer from his without even touching mine :shock: ... so any of my dirty little secrets are exposed :D

i browse through his computer from time to time to see what he's up too :) (like last night :p ) ... i know when we first got married, he had some "old files/pics" on there that i wasnt too happy about ... so he kindly removed them :lol: ... he's my property darnit, i got papers on him!!! :p

I would definitely suggest having a personal firewall installed on your computer...things like Kerio or Zone Alarm are pretty effective at helping keep people out.

If the boy (friend?) hacked into her computer from the internet then anyone can, I'm surprised the computer is still operational at this point.
Keep your virus definitions up to date, assuming you're running Windows keep that up dated as well and follow Chases advice and get a firewall.
Since I've had my cable modem I'm getting constant notifications that someone wants to send data to my computer...how kind of them...free data! Wonder what that data could be?

most likely he has file sharing on ... you should tell her to turn it off in the preferences finder window ... and get rid of any incriminating evidence or set some bait :eek:

Dew's right, he probably set up file sharing or even installed a remote access program....I love the idea of setting some bait...oooohh! the possibilities are endless!

If you have physical access to a person's computer, then it's easy to install a backdoor. Scripts that will do this for you are readily avaliable for free if you're searching the wrong places on the 'net. You don't even need physical access, just a trusting soul to open your e-mail attatchments. You can get total access to what they do. Doing this does not make you a hacker. It makes you an asshole who uses someone elses script or program to invade another person's privacy.

If someone is keeping remote tabs on a girlfriend's or boyfriend's computer, then that someone has issues.

Hackers? Don't worry. Script Kiddies? Be very concerned. They THINK they're hackers. Keep a firewall up, keep your anti-virus up to date, run Ad-Aware, scan all incoming e-mail (if you have a concience, then you'll have your outgoing automatically scanned as well.), change your passwords regularly, and if you run a file-sharing program or an instant messaging program, ensure that you use the appropriate privacy settings.

mmm... I'm ranting again, but I'm all done for now!

Thanx for the advices!
Well, i'm not really concerned about my computer proctetion at this moment cause's I have norton's firewall and antivirus as well !!! :) :wink:
Hummmm......it must be a file sharing on , you're right!
The bait idea is cool too :twisted: :wink: :D it got me thinking 8)
Well, if he keeps doing it, i'll have to do something about it like tell her what he's been doing :?
He's been doin this cause's I think he doesn't trust her :shock: :?
But I don't think this is the right thing to do !!!!

Most reactions

Back