Had a play with a Nikon F5 yesterday

gsgary

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.gsgary.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
And there is no way i would swap for my Leica M4, too big for a 35mm film camera

Scan-130815-0008-XL.jpg

Depends... I think the size is perfect. I can take my F5, cosh you over the head with it and TAKE your M4! What's your puny little Leica going to do if you swing it at me?

Yeah, the F5 is a monstrosity. I grew up with the first generation of the "small Nikons"--the FM, the FE-2, and the F3HP. If you wear eyeglasses, the F3HP is a fantastic camera. It's actually fairly small,and light, and very simple. I never could cotton to the F4. And the F5...no, was never interested.

If you want a small camera that's not attention-getting, the F4 and F5 are just dead wrong. They fairly well scream "big,black camera!!!"

Depends... I think the size is perfect. I can take my F5, cosh you over the head with it and TAKE your M4! What's your puny little Leica going to do if you swing it at me?

You can keep your ugly F5 not as beautiful or well made as an M4

Yeah... but with Leica is easier to run away. From the guy with F5. :lmao:

Yeah... but with Leica is easier to run away. From the guy with F5. :lmao:
Good point, but Gary's old and cranky; I doubt he can run very fast!

In Greek mythology, Leica users were minor deities, while Nikon users were Satan's minions.

The F5 is not a camera,it's a full size hummer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back