Had my first exhibit!

AdventuresInMyTrustyBoots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday I just finished up my first exhibit. It was quite the experience. :)

DSC06520.jpg
DSC06521-2.jpg
DSC06522-2.jpg
DSC06524.jpg
DSC06526.jpg

Wow... that's a big exhibit. I hope sales were good! By "tough" do you mean hard to get exhibit space, difficult to sell, or ??

Wow... that's a big exhibit. I hope sales were good! By "tough" do you mean hard to get exhibit space, difficult to sell, or ??

By 'Tough' I mean both in getting turn out for openings and viewings as well as sales. I did sell some stuff and had a few people contact me for prints in other formats, but didn't sell as many as I was hoping to.

The opening and the exhibit had lots of people go through for viewings though, and the response was good. I had great feed back and the exposure was good. Now my photos that are left over will be featured for the next month in a popular restaurant here.

Congratulations! that's quite an accomplishment, good for you.

By 'Tough' I mean both in getting turn out for openings and viewings as well as sales. I did sell some stuff and had a few people contact me for prints in other formats, but didn't sell as many as I was hoping to.

The opening and the exhibit had lots of people go through for viewings though, and the response was good. I had great feed back and the exposure was good. Now my photos that are left over will be featured for the next month in a popular restaurant here.
I had to chuckle/grimace at the one visitor snapping a pic of your photograph. We shall assume she was grabbing that to show someone else, not to pirate a shot for her wall. :048:

I had to chuckle/grimace at the one visitor snapping a pic of your photograph. We shall assume she was grabbing that to show someone else, not to pirate a shot for her wall. :048:
Oh, Yes. She was a teenager. I assume it's to show friends. The ones she liked most were on canvas, so maybe not to good for a shot on her wall. It was fun listening to her talk to herself as she viewed them. Ha ha!

Exciting opportunity ! I'm curious, by your comments I'm assuming that at least part of the exhibition was on canvas wraps. That many pieces could get pretty pricy if they were all canvas. Hard to tell in the photos but ithe looks like some may have been presented differently. Could you elaborate more on presentation.

Exciting opportunity ! I'm curious, by your comments I'm assuming that at least part of the exhibition was on canvas wraps. That many pieces could get pretty pricy if they were all canvas. Hard to tell in the photos but ithe looks like some may have been presented differently. Could you elaborate more on presentation.
The majority of them were on canvas, but I also had some small prints done on aluminum, some printed on Xpozer and one printed on wood.

but I also had some small prints done on aluminum, some printed on Xpozer and one printed on wood.

Just got done reading up on Xpozer. That's got a cool factor off the charts. Looks like Bay Photo has a patent on it and so far haven't found any other sources. Still the ability to eliminate framing AND switch out prints makes this extremely competitive. As I'm notorious for wanting to change out photos at our house and the frames get really expensive. I foresee some of these in my future. One last question, since the prints appear to be vinyl. Can they be stored rolled, when not on the frame without issue?

Most reactions

Back