Hair/fashion show portrait

Get some more gay friends!

I have two, but they are in Colorado, and one of them has less of a fashion sense than me! LOL But I am in the middle of nowhere Kansas, and this area is very VERY religious! So if there is anyone in the area that is gay, they probably don't let anyone know. I wouldn't blame them either, I am very liberal and I don't even tell people that. I am planning on being out of KS (and the country) in less than 2 years. :)
Lol, yeah being gay honestly has nothing to do with having a sense of fashion; it's just a fun cliche to me.

Have you heard of Trae Crowder? (AKA my future husband, he just doesn't know it yet).

I like the way the background colors compliment the hair and makeup. Pinky purply tones, the model looks girly and cute but not super glammy and not fake looking at all. The natural texture in the hair is really refreshing, if the soft puffs in front were sculpted into a more geometric shape it would have changed the whole feel. The look makes the model seem real and down to earth (maybe even young and sweet), but the shape of the style is still very strong and deliberate (especially around the sides and back) so while it looks slightly aloof (in a great way), it doesn't look like it was an accident. I agree with you about the dreamy feel from the sallow DOF, I think it's cool.
Thanks man. I was hoping I'd be able to get your opinion on this one!

I like the way the background colors compliment the hair and makeup. Pinky purply tones, the model looks girly and cute but not super glammy and not fake looking at all. The natural texture in the hair is really refreshing, if the soft puffs in front were sculpted into a more geometric shape it would have changed the whole feel. The look makes the model seem real and down to earth (maybe even young and sweet), but the shape of the style is still very strong and deliberate (especially around the sides and back) so while it looks slightly aloof (in a great way), it doesn't look like it was an accident. I agree with you about the dreamy feel from the sallow DOF, I think it's cool.
hey you, Andrew, glad you're here
nice read!

I am with you on the DOF. Normally I prefer to see the model's head in clear focus but man you really hit it on this one! I think without the DOF it wouldn't be the same image!

I am with you on the DOF. Normally I prefer to see the model's head in clear focus but man you really hit it on this one! I think without the DOF it wouldn't be the same image!
Thank you. It's hard to get out of the mindset of getting everything in focus when every other photographer preaches it non-stop as if any other way is inherent to being a failure of a photographer, even when it works.

Lol, yeah being gay honestly has nothing to do with having a sense of fashion; it's just a fun cliche to me.

Have you heard of Trae Crowder? (AKA my future husband, he just doesn't know it yet).

The friend in Colorado was best friends with my Mom growing up, so he is 60 and isn't much for fashion. The other friend is his husband and is in his 40's and has much more of a fashions sense. They are both a heck of a lot of fun!
I have gained a LOT of fashion sense, since I have gotten into photography, even though it really isn't my style.

I haven't heard of Trae before, but he is funny, and he is so right! I will definitely check out more of his stuff.
Now some day when you meet him make sure you don't come on too strong, but tell him you are a photographer that can make him look like a God in the photo. That should work! ;)

The friend in Colorado was best friends with my Mom growing up, so he is 60 and isn't much for fashion. The other friend is his husband and is in his 40's and has much more of a fashions sense. They are both a heck of a lot of fun!
I have gained a LOT of fashion sense, since I have gotten into photography, even though it really isn't my style.

I haven't heard of Trae before, but he is funny, and he is so right! I will definitely check out more of his stuff.
Now some day when you meet him make sure you don't come on too strong, but tell him you are a photographer that can make him look like a God in the photo. That should work! ;)
He's straight so I don't think coming on to him will get me anywhere, but he seems like the type who can appreciate a compliment lol.

He's straight so I don't think coming on to him will get me anywhere, but he seems like the type who can appreciate a compliment lol.

just because hes straight doesnt mean hes not up for a good time when one presents itself...
or is that just me?

Most reactions

Back