Hair Jewelery

ababysean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did a shoot today for a girl that creates hair jewelery.

I have only one edit so far, but I'd like some opinons on the conversion.

She wanted very hippie/bright/woodsy girl feel....
#1 Original Edit
61063_117975781593486_100001431947276_125650_6601906_n.jpg

2. "Vintage" Edit
59929_117975814926816_100001431947276_125652_2568503_n.jpg

I like the edit; very "1974 Sears Catalogue" (and it doesn't get much more vintage than that). I would suggest however doing something about the little it of bra that is visible just in front of her right arm. A quick clone should fix it up. Nice work.

I like the edit; very "1974 Sears Catalogue" (and it doesn't get much more vintage than that). I would suggest however doing something about the little it of bra that is visible just in front of her right arm. A quick clone should fix it up. Nice work.

I have to agree here my eyes go right to the boobage. And No I'm not a guy....lol My suggestion would be to tilt the shoulder.

Very pretty shot otherwise.;)

I have to agree here my eyes go right to the boobage. And No I'm not a guy....lol My suggestion would be to tilt the shoulder.

Very pretty shot otherwise.;)

Boobs :thumbup: Shoulders :thumbdown: and yes I'm a GUY :mrgreen:

Bare skin draws the eye,almost instantly, and quite strongly too. The sleeveless top or dress has created exposed skin all over the place, making it simply a poor choice for this advertising photo. This pose has a lot of what is called "eye cut". Not sure if the photo is designed to be selling the woman (metaphorically speaking of course), or the hair adornment....so this shot is either a success or a failure,depending...

I might be wrong but I don't think that's her boobs but the reflection of sun on her dress right crystal?

hum.... really?
I think I could put her in a turtle neck and she would still have sex appeal, she is an attractive young woman....
The artist did NOT want just pictures of the objects and hair, she wanted more of a spread, chick walking through the woods. Very sexy, but classy.

The hair piece is one of the last thing I look at in the picture.......her arm or shoulder isn't making an attractive appearance for her either....big shoulders make her look heavy.

and no, it is not boobs in the front, it is lace in her outfit, which the designer made also!

The "hair style" on the model looks like she just got out of bed, or used a mix-master. It was so distracting that I never got to the adornment, which was lost, let alone anything below the neck. Always make sure that everything in a product shot is well thought out and composed so that there are no distractions to the object of interest and (in this case)keep everything else neat and simple. Remember: Fashion passes--Style remains. Not bad for a first try, keep at it! Tom Beard

I think hair product shots should be relatively simple clothes, simple background no distractions to take away your focus. I think in this picture that takes away from her piece. I think she's quite gorgeous, doesn't look heavy to me just might need to rethink it. I like the vintage edit but I think her eyes are a bit overdone. Its much less noticeable in the edit than the original edit though.

I think the first shot shows the hairpiece better. I think if you cropped a little closer it would be a great advertisement foto for an etsy site or something.

People here seem to be quite critical. Just my HO though. I would try to decrease the boobage in the photograph and leave the vibrant colors in the original photo to show the product more "true to life".

I understand what you all are saying but she had a specific image in mind, and I duplicated that image.
I agree I should crop it closer.
She is very hippie and wanted it very Anthropologie style

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back