Hair & Makeup Comp Shoot c&c please

nikonmikeg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First time shooting this type of stuff. Used two speedlights - minimal post processing.
Please give me your thoughts.

No need to be kind - I would like real feedback.

Image #1

Image #2

Image #3

Last edited:
I like the first one best ...seems to be more contrast there ... I like the shadows ...maybe for the last two your second flash could have been weakend a bit ...other wise I think you did a good job !

Are these the final images? (Please understand if these are images for competition like the Contessa awards I am going to give a strong critique)
If so I think you need to re-work the skin for each of them, you need to remove the skin blemishes, and there is something going on by the lips/nose of the 2nd picture, looks like bad cloning.

You need to get a hair light, Something soft to put overhead to give better lighting and shine control. I am willing to bet there are alot more tones of red in the last photo than we can see, it looks like just solid red with very little highlight, as well a softer hair light over head will give better texture definition, especially in the 2nd one.

PM me if you want some tips on photoshoping hair for competition.

For the 2nd one I don't think it's bad cloning, I think it's the black lipstick blending in with the background giving the apperance of a moustache ;)

I like the lighting best in photo 1.

There are some really nice elements in photo 2 - her hair looks very pretty and the red is striking. I am not so keen on the drape of the dress though, if the strap nearest the camera had been adjusted lower it would have draped nicer and the clip on the shoulder would not have been in view. As already said, the black lipstick is causing a strange effect around the upper lip area.

For me, photo 3 is the most interesting. I would have cloned out the chair in the background. I quite like the grey powder on her hands but am not sure it works as well on her upper arms.

The last photo has an "Alice in Wonderland" feel. :thumbup:

I messaged you. Was looking very forward to the tips you offered.

Hopefully you get a chance to send them.

Thanks everyone else that commented I appreciate the feedback.

Sorry, I will get in touch with you, I have been busy editing for the last few days.
I will get together and send some info this weekend.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back