Hair on End

stingray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My mum is a primary school art teacher and she came home this evening and told me a story of how the language teacher at the school had taken photos of some of the children in a room upstairs in the brick building standing against a white board.
The strange thing happened she said when she reviewed the photos on the computer. In all the shots, some of the children's hair was standing right on end.
I at once thought it was static build up with the carpeted floor and the smooth flat plasticy white board. But the thing is, no-one noticed it at the time, it was only in the photos. It was confirmed though that the camera was using a flash.
I'm just wondering what on Earth causes this to happen... I don't think I can post a picture example coz of all the kids involved but you probably get the idea. I'm really puzzled so if anyone has any idea I'd be very appreciative.
Will.

The PVC they use in dry erase boards is a great conductor of static electricity, matched with the cotton eraser they use to clean the board probably built up quite a bit of hair attracting energy.

yeah, but only in the picture! static would be the logical explanation but no one noticed it any other time but when they went back to the pictures.

stingray said:
yeah, but only in the picture! static would be the logical explanation but no one noticed it any other time but when they went back to the pictures.

The aliens had you under mind-control. Next time wear your protective foil hat!

ordinary1.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back