Hair

SpeedTrap

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightart.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well here is one from a set I am working on right now.
Please let me know what you think.

_LAP5655.jpg

i honestly think her eye and face are distracting from the hair, i honestly dont find her flattering. seems too brushed up, but its a great photo either way.

The light looks great, well done.

I would like to see a touch more light in her eye though, I'm not on a great monitor here, but her eye looks too dark to me. Sure, you don't really want the eye to be so bright that it distracts from the hair...but I think being too dark distracts in it's own way.

It feels a bit too tight on the top. Maybe because of all the room on the sides and none on the top.

I love the way you have lit the hair, with the color and curls etc. leaving the one side in shadow. I certainly don't understand the hair design industry...but I just don't like the volume of her hair on the side of her head. It's like she is trying to conceal a conjoined twin under there.

It's a great shot, but I agree with the poster above that it seems really tight on the top. I think a bit more room would make the framing feel more comfortable. I also notice some odd halo and blurring going on with her right arm (camera left) that is distracting. I don't agree that the eye is too dark, however. I think it is just right, and maybe the make-up makes it appear shadowed or dark.

That said, the lighting is fantastic and the hair is definitely the centre piece of the whole shot! I imagine that was the goal. :)

I agree that the top of the hair being so close to the top edge of the frame creates a lot of visual tension there. I'm not a fan of horizontal shots like this, where there is a huge amount of empty space surrounding a standing subject, unless there's type overlayed. Also, her hairstyle is very "vertical" for lack of a better word; the long hair curls downward, and the horizontal framing is counteracting the long, downward expanse of hair she has. I think this would have looked awesome as a vertically framed shot, with more space above her hair, and a crop just a little bit lower than her arm is, well above her belly button, but showing a slight bit more skin below the arm that is covering her bustline.

I do like how you've positioned the main light, and overall I like the background's color and tonal value in relation to the model's skin and hair. One thing I have noticed on hairstyle photos is how very many one-eyed women hairstylists manage to create...kind of an odd tendency those folks have....maybe it has something to do with inhaling all those hair chemicals.:lol:

One thing I have noticed on hairstyle photos is how very many one-eyed women hairstylists manage to create...kind of an odd tendency those folks have....maybe it has something to do with inhaling all those hair chemicals.
So very true.

One positive to that, is that when doing detailed editing, you only have one eye to deal with.

I am glad there is only one eye, because after PP the hair you can go cross eyed.

I am guessing this was photoshop'd, it isn't very fluent, you can tell the arm has been smudged / Liquified
Infact, The model looks pasted onto that background
looks like there should be more hair than is showing e.g. the flick on the (her left) side seems to stop suddenly unlike natural hair

and as said ^
The volume on her left is just far too thick,
She should have showed a little emotion in her face instead of looking bored, it doesn't do much for her Jaw line, I personally would have pushed her head up a bit and told her to open her eyes WIDE instead of looking like she is about to go sleep.

I am guessing this was photoshop'd, it isn't very fluent, you can tell the arm has been smudged / Liquified
I think this may because of the re-size, I had a look at the original, and it i not like this.

Infact, The model looks pasted onto that background
Nope, that is just the background I shot this on.

looks like there should be more hair than is showing e.g. the flick on the (her left) side seems to stop suddenly unlike natural hair
and as said ^
The volume on her left is just far too thick,
The PP was to take stray hairs out, the, volume has not beed adjusted and no hair has been added.

Hot!!!!!! Love the style. The light is good. I would maybe bump up the highlights slightly.

Overall; amazing photographer gets great model gets great MUA. Big up and I look forward to seeing future work.

Love & Bass

Most reactions

Back