Haiti Trip: C&C

fenderocks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took a trip to Haiti recently and took some photos. Note that I'm a total nooby when it comes to photography and this is my first time attempting any sort of photography. Feel free to criticize, but try not to be too harsh D: I will update some as I edit more.

DSC_0187.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

DSC_0305.jpg

DSC_0318.jpg

DSC_0327.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

DSC_0344.jpg

DSC_0456.jpg

DSC_0477.jpg

DSC_0506.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

thanks ahead of time.

Last edited:
All are interesting. I'm sure it was a cool adventure.

But, the silk flower shot has to be my favorite of the set. The color contrast between the background and the flowers really catches my eye...

Very nice.

Rich

I like these as well. For just getting started I think you've done a great job.

These are spread throughout Haiti. Some are in Port-au-Prince, some are in Les Cayes, and some in/on the way to our village Anse dHainault. Thanks everyone! This is very encouraging.

I was in Labadee long before it became what I see the pics in my link show. There was a ruin of a hotel abandoned when Baby Doc was in charge. Americans didn't go to this Island in those times. I sailed in and saw some wicked freaky stuff. Looks all touristed out now.

Nice shots and thanks again for sharing.

No, I'm afraid I didn't. I went there on a mission trip, so the pictures that weren't in our village (anse dhainault) were just pictures I snapped while travelling. I've only edited about half of my photos so far. Our village itself is a lot more like you are talking about. They had only seen a few white people in the past, and it's heavily dominated by voodoo culture. At night, the voodoo people would come out with drums and a megaphone and sing. The staff that was from Haiti told us that if people come out of their homes, the voodoo group will grab them and eat them sometimes O_O

Most reactions

New Topics

Back