Half collared Kingfisher

Cool. Affordable travel?
Thanks, I guess it depends on what you mean by affordable. I stayed with my parents for all but four nights. The current exchange rate is very good if you have dollars or euros, but many places that cater for tourists are still pretty expensive. I paid around 750€ for my flights, and booked them only about 3 weeks in advance.

I would love to go there but my next trip is out to @Gary A for barbeque and Fujifilm frolicking.

Howzit man, no probs it was a blast taking you around for the day. Haha yeah we where lucky with this one. Yeah the Tammy was a tough one if we where comparing to my Nikon I think the Nikon definitely took the cake and both of us where shooting very slow because of the terrible weather.
Hey Carlos, would love to see your shots from that day. I think my problem with the lens is probably user error. I will give it a good go this summer, and see if I can get better results. Then I might just send it back to Tamron with my camera so they can sort it.
Sure man let me add some up tonight when I get home

Good one! Birds are SO difficult to capture most times and some species are more elusive than others.

I would select the eye and bring up exposure 1/3 stop to get it lively, and very gently sharpen, and as you said, bring the background down a bit. Maybe something like this (apologies that my skills in post are limited).
half collared kingfisher.jpg

Please disregard suggestions if I've ruined a perfectly spectacular capture! Well done.

Cool. Affordable travel?

Very affordable I picked him up drove him there to show him how useless staff are in South Africa lol. We had a good morning some bottled water and snacks took him back home again cheap cheap lol.. I think we had a good morning for the time we where there. Always nice taking people out to my fav spots...

Good one! Birds are SO difficult to capture most times and some species are more elusive than others.

I would select the eye and bring up exposure 1/3 stop to get it lively, and very gently sharpen, and as you said, bring the background down a bit. Maybe something like this (apologies that my skills in post are limited).

Please disregard suggestions if I've ruined a perfectly spectacular capture! Well done.
Thank you for the nice comments. I like your edit, and will revisit these as soon as I get through the 2000+ images. I really should have spent more time with these, as they are precious, and I will probably never see this species again.

Keep us posted as you work thru the set!

Most reactions

Back