Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, they will be men someday. Just couldn't resist :) I bought my boys these boxer shorts ages ago and finally got to use them.

IMG_3030-for%20web.jpg

IMG_3152-for%20web.jpg

IMG_3015-for%20web.jpg

Yes, I know it's crooked. I straightened it but liked it better this way :)
IMG_3077-for%20web.jpg

Good work! When I read your post I said "great, here comes a couple of cute kid photos". Some how they are more than that. I hate to use the "A" word, but some agency would pay green money for shots like that.

hate to use the "A" word, but some agency would pay green money for shots like that

By agency do you mean modeling agency? We thought of having our oldest do some ads when he was younger, but he isn't very "user friendly" - LOL! He's cute on his terms only. Thanks for the compliments, I try to steer away from typical "cute kid" shots and use my children to test out different lighting, perspective, etc. As they are getting older I am finally finding some time to take photos of things other then them.

The last one, the one that you say you know is crooked, is the one I love best of all! I love everything about it, which begins with something that has nothing to do with the photo as such, i.e. the fact that your boys are very handsome little men (!), both of them, very cute, and goes on with your youngest's body position, look on his face, background, lighting, and of course the contrast of this chequered boxer shorts! Perfect.

Not to say that No.1 isn't nearly as good. The smile is so lovely, the way he's holding his foot is wonderful - only No.1 is cropped a tad too tightly for my liking.

Thanks, LaFoto! I really love that last shot, too. He knew he wasn't supposed to go into the house without me (he wanted to get the Cheetos!) and I love the fact that he's looking for me but doesn't realize that I am taking his picture from the other side. Kids are a lot of fun to photograph, hard work, esp when they are your own!

"user friendly" is funny! I was thinking along the lines of an Ad agency. Tell them they will save oodles of money with you as the photographer and your kids as the models. Just a thought.

Photos like these make a strong portfolio. Keep in mind the age old question: does it all got to s**t when money gets involved.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back