Half the man I used to be

mindfloodz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s116.photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I didn't edit this photo, just left it alone. No crop, Nada. All comments welcome.

IMG_4487.jpg

Someone looks cranky! If that's what the goal was - great job

No, that wasn't whatI was going for. I'm not quite sure why this came across in such a way. I do like the end result though. Although I'm a pretty easy going guy, I may have become frustrated with my attempts to take a picture of my eyeball to use in photoshop and make it looks all green and marble-like and stuff..... Unfortunately, it's hard to focus on what you can not see.

focus was missed on the eye, looks like its on the temple which draws my attention there. Other then that, I like the lighting and the crop.

If it's just the eye you want, how about fixing a stick/ruler or something sticking out...focus on the end of it with the camera on a tripod, then put your face right to the end of the stick...might manage to get your eye on the same focal plane as the end of the stick...Never tried it myself, just thinking out loud. The end of the stick could be cropped from the image that you want to use in PS...

It makes me afraid - like here's a big guy about to punch me!

It might not have been what you were going for, but I say that any photo that clearly conveys an idea or a draws a reaction from the viewer is a good one.

Thank you Breaux, I too like the way it conveys that intensity.

Bend the light - I wasn't really trying to go that in depth for a shot, I was just messin around.. I did use that technique to photograph water droplets though. Thank you for your help and feedback. I will surely use this technique for photographing more than just water in the future :)

Rockstar - I didn't crop this image, this is a WYSIWYG (What You See IS What You Get). I did nothing to this photo, and actually meant to shoot it in color, but had my camera set to monochrome from the last time i took a picture. Sometimes my favorite photos happen on accident :)

Mindfloodz,

It's quite a good exposure. Yes, the eye wasn't the focus yet it gets a bit dogmatic that the eye must always be. The EXIF reads f1. Did you use a manual lens, the 1.8/50? The shot is SOOC, and a monochrome. So it's a JPG capture i think. Then there is already a tone-curve applied. And it did ok.

greets,

Matt

For self portraits, I use a light stand adjusted to where my eye will be. After setting focus, turn AF off so that the camera doesn't try to change it. Self-timer, then hit your mark and move light stand out of frame.

Here is my better half. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back