Halloween portraits on a low budget

omg priceless. #1 is classic with the lower key and color combo.

I matched his hat to his eyes. This was darker, but I lightened him up.

These are great. OK now tell the truth, you crazy glued the dog down right.I have no idea how people get pets to stay and pose must be a secret.

These are great. OK now tell the truth, you crazy glued the dog down right.I have no idea how people get pets to stay and pose must be a secret.

I trained them last year to sit on the stool. Each day for a week was up & sit with sitting longer and longer. Lots of treats. Now they associate the stool with sitting and treats. Of course there are days they do not want to cooperate so I don't force them.

This photo was Sunday afternoon and Snickers did not like the wig & glasses. It was getting late in the afternoon and the light shifted. The next day I added a white rug to help reflect light into his eyes. He has very dark sockets.
102118_39.JPG

@CherylL Sadie has no shame when treats and attention are involved!

Those are wonderful. They should earn you a pretty good haul! :)

What was your light source? Looks like a single umbrella. Also, how did you set up/locate your focus? Oscar an Quincy have their noses in focus however their eyes seem a bit soft. I'm curious. Nice exposure!

What was your light source? Looks like a single umbrella. Also, how did you set up/locate your focus? Oscar an Quincy have their noses in focus however their eyes seem a bit soft. I'm curious. Nice exposure!

Oscar & Quincy were shot with an aperture of 2.8. Snickers was 3.5. Good catch! I did the first 2 on day one and Snicker's the next day. After editing the first two I realized I needed to change the aperture to get more in focus. I did aim on their eyes, but could have moved slightly. The light source are large windows 2 stories high.

Most reactions

Back