Halp......!!!

The more I look at the negs, the more I know that the curtains are shot. Look in the lower left corner of each frame and you'll see the same two black dots in the same position. That's a dead give-away. Redo the curtains and you'll have a wonderful RF camera. It might be expensive but it's worth.

Well Here are the pictures of the shutter curtan

There is some visable degridation here. The white spot at the far left (bottom) was not there berfore when I originally inspected it. I guess I misjuged tolerances of the shutter ware.
Fully set
100_3622.jpg

100_3625.jpg

100_3623.jpg

Yeah, looks shot to me. Toasted curtains, man.

Curtains can be replaced. Don't lose hope.

Don't ever feel bad for not catching the defect. I've done my share, as well as probably others, in getting something not quite perfect. When you'll have it fixed you will be so proud of it!

Well I am looking at $85 plus shipping...It is a bit of a stinger but I guess it could be worse.

That is cheap! Who is quoting you?

Well I am looking at $85 plus shipping...It is a bit of a stinger but I guess it could be worse.

I don't know what you paid for it, but with the new curtains you could get
a good price for the body if you decide to sell.

Great price! WOW

I've run a few old cameras and lenses through www.essexcamera.com with great results. Even stuff that Leica NJ won't even touch was happily repaired by them. Turn around is almost always 2 weeks. My most recent Canon screwmount rangefinder received a brand new curtain and CLA for twice the cost of your quote... so you have a good deal.

Most reactions

Back