Hamburg Port (from sunset to deep dusk) (14 pics - be warned!)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Inspired by THORHAMMER's latest night pics, and following an idea I have nursed for a long long time now, and decided within a MINUTE yesterday night at last when I saw that the evening looked like we might get a nice sunset, I grabbed my camera, tripod, lenses, car keys, shouted "I go into Hamburg!" to the family and left. With the streets as empty as they were yesterday night it is a 45 minute ride there, and even though I did not EXPECT it, the sun was still there when I arrived at my first vantage point at 9:17 p.m.. Yay! :D I took pics until it suddenly was 10:41, then I thought "Oops, about time to get back to the car and go home!" Was back at 11:30h. What fun.

You might like some of the 14 pics I chose from yesterday's spontaneous (lonely) outing.

170986496.jpg

170986542.jpg

170986537.jpg

170986531.jpg

170986528.jpg

170986524.jpg

170986517.jpg

170986509.jpg

170986505.jpg

170986553.jpg

170986552.jpg

And these last three are a bit of play with exposure and aperture (first is an f20.0 at 25 seconds, second an f4.5 at 1 second - to bring out the water texture more - both at 200ISO, while the last is an 800ISO with the shortest exposure, i.e. 1/4 sec.)

170986549.jpg

170986548.jpg

170986545.jpg

Fantastic series Corinna, 1,2 & 9 are great - although there isn't a bad one among them.

I think the lonely thing is good, because you haven't got to consider anyone else who gets bored waiting for you, and you can simply lose yourself in the task in hand.

WOW I love this series...

I really like #1, #7-10 are awesome too.

Though my absolute fave in the whole thing has to be, without a doubt, #12....it doesn't have all the water texture that #13 and 14 do, but I like the kind of smooth look of it, coupled with a bit of texture.

Fantastic job.

Nice series. #3 with the sun is excellent, a real keeper for an industrial series. I really like the perspective of #7. I also like the soft relections of #12 versus 13 and 14 - the softness does it. I would love to see what the reflections only, without reference to ship or shore might look like, especially with a tele..

170986549.jpg

Very nice series.....

Comments: Like #1 & #3.
Is #11 level?
Like #12 - less distracting.

Haven't been to Hamburg in years. Very industral city as I recall.

Paul

Thank you all, I am glad I can share some of my spontaneous trip into Hamburg and its huge port yesterday night.

Paul, I was wondering if 11 is level myself, too, and checked it on the tall light pole, and that seems to be vertical. Really vertical.

I think my personal favourite is #9.

And Andreas has to go over this bridge twice every day, way into work and way home, so it somehow grew on him in the course of time and he therefore likes the pics of the bridge the most ;). His work is right next to the bridge, situated parallel to the road from where I took Photo 7.

Very enjoyable series!! I love how you documented the darkening conditions. ~~~I was in Hamburg for a brief visit 3 years ago and really enjoyed a harbour cruise. These shots show what a busy port it is. Looks like you had a lot of fun with your late-night photo shoot.

It was fun, indeed, as I actively went out and a bit further away from home than usually, to do nothing else but take these photos. Thanks again.

Thorhammer? Have you left again? You are being mentioned here, you inspired me to grab my car keys and leave at a second's notice to my family ... now do come and look what you did (erm ... :er: )! ;)

1 6 7 10 11 12 have to be my favourites, this is a realy good series, the only thing that annoys me is that some of the horizons seem a little tilted

LOL, I just got back from a shoot..... hillarious. Be careful the next thing is

for your family to leave YOU !!!! lol, hopefully not...

I am glad I could inspire someone.. that means a lot to me...

I like #2 its kinda dramatic like the end to a hard day or something...

#7 and #9 are really nice composition and color and detail is great !!!

Prob my top favs are #10 and #12 perfect detail, color and comp !!!

Night shots are really addicting and youd be suprised you only take like 5 s

hots and allready somehow a whole freakin hour went by !!!!

how does that hapen !!

Whoa...what a killer series. Excellent photography Corinna.:thumbup: :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back